Multi-level

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Korrith
Social Leech

Multi-level

Postby Korrith » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:51 pm

Ok. I think this may be a bug...

Spyne , a new adventurer, steps forth for the first time into the land of Valorn!

World Crier Spyne has just been advanced in power and skill!

Now, I know that sometimes when people double click the trainer, it says they've levelled up twice. But... As far as I know, they ACTUALLY only level up once.

Spyne here managed to jump straight to level 4 at time of writing... As soon as he stepped out into Valorn. As far as I know there's no way to get XP before you step forth into Valorn.
Spyne's Profile, click here

There is conceivably a way this could happen if Spyne has a friend or an alt who waited at Jolan to deliver a few of a certain type of Golden Age scrolls, but it seemed odd and I thought I'd better report it just incase.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:57 pm

From what I've seen, this happens when the person training stays inside the welcome/help center and kill the creatures designed for practice over and over and over again - then step into the lands and level.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Cory
Site Admin

Postby Cory » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:02 pm

Pretty much. Which is really an incredibly small amount of XP when you think about it.
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/cshow31.html:ob7uupbm]Cory[/url:ob7uupbm]
President/Developer Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/contact.php:ob7uupbm]Click here to Contact an admin[/url:ob7uupbm]

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:10 pm

I was under the impression that it said "*** steps forth into the land of Valorn" BEFORE they did Jolan's welcome center. I think Jolan's center is an option, anyway, you don't even HAVE to go in there. I may be wrong though.

If this adventurer managed to go around Jolan's little obstacle course enough times to get enough XP from those tiny boosts to reach level 4 within a couple of seconds of joining, that must be some new incredible record...

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:58 pm

No, you do not 'enter valorn' until you actually leave Jolans welcome center. I've seen that many, many times. Just happened now with another player and usually (9 out of 10 times I've checked) the player is not in the mentor list, either. ;)
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:29 am

ah, Ok. I was under the impression that new adventurers still stepped forth right into Jolan there and didn't even need to do the training center if they didn't want to.

ilnar
New Adventurer

Postby ilnar » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:37 am

they still dont,,,, tecnically they can still leave the welcoming center without playing jolan's little assult course,,,

Return to “Bug Reports”