Premium Account - Death oddities

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Premium Account - Death oddities

Postby AKA Azure » Thu May 24, 2007 10:06 pm

Just before 6 pm (EST) Daisy Arkle (103281) died twice on Kilican. Even though she's a premium account player her screen read that she needed to wait the time before she could go near a creature again.

After the first few minutes she could move around town as per usual with too many deaths.

[posted on behalf of Daisy's player]

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Mon May 28, 2007 6:37 pm

Daisy tried it again (Daisy Arkle #103281) and although is a premium member, definitely only had two deaths instead of three before having to wait the rest of the hour.

[posted on behalf of Daisy's player]

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Tue May 29, 2007 5:50 am

Hmm... Fleur, Octavia Belcantata, and Giles Fidelis have this same issue, along with about 10 _del people. I wonder how that happens.

I am loathe to just fix it since Cory may want to investigate. =) People shouldn't be dying that much anyway. Heck, Fleur plays all the time and has never reported this... probably because she is good at not dying. Take a lesson from her.

It'll be fixed eventually. If Cory doesn't look into it and fix it himself, post in this thread again in 3 weeks.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Tue May 29, 2007 9:14 am

.... heh. That goes to show just how much I train.

(Yes. The secret of not dying is here laid out in front of you. Don't train... don't die.)

Thanks for discovering it.

Melevolent_Queen
New Adventurer

This kinda just happend.

Postby Melevolent_Queen » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:06 pm

hmm well what can I say. Well I died. And it said 4 times "blabla was slain by Soul Leach" And I said.. Ok.. umm akward much. and then I waited the 15 minutes it said I had to wait. because I did die 3 times. But- I died and then waited and one hour later when I signed back in I was still tied! and it says 29 minutes to go. I just posted this bug because I didnt know if I have ever seen that happen before. Sept when a monster is at the life monument and you die repeatedly and still fighting.
(I thought I would just post this here since it was related kinda)
Only thing worse than a suckup, is a moron who thinks he's a leader, without ever listening to his followers.
You want to know who I am? look at those whom I fight to protect.

Maerad
New Adventurer

Postby Maerad » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:53 am

I'm posting for a young one....her name is Aleriah Neideffer (#138689). She is having the same problem and she's non-premium. She died and it said she had 3 minutes to be tied and then it started adding minutes for some reason. The last time she told me, I believe it was up to 14 minutes.

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:48 pm

I actually tried to train today, and managed to die twice. I found myself, as described by Azure above, unable to move for the rest of the hour - despite having a premium account.

I would be really grateful if someone could look into it when you have time, as Ben suggested posting here if it wasn't fixed three weeks from the original post which was the end of May. Thanks!

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:07 pm

Just to let you know, I have read this thread so its not like we're ignoring you or your problem, but I do not have the capabilities to fix this sort of thing. It is up to Cory when he can make the time.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Cory
Site Admin

Postby Cory » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:34 pm

Post more about when this happens to you. How often it happens and how often it doesn't for instance. Is this the normal way for things to be for you and its been a bug all along, or did it just start happening at some time.
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/cshow31.html:ob7uupbm]Cory[/url:ob7uupbm]
President/Developer Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/contact.php:ob7uupbm]Click here to Contact an admin[/url:ob7uupbm]

Jade Silvermoon
Adventurer

Postby Jade Silvermoon » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:52 am

Posting for Carmela. Char # 51370, she is in the Spider Lair and and all of a sudden she was dead more than 4 times and the page was trying to load, but it kept blinking and saying was not visible. :?

Viktor Blackheart
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Viktor Blackheart » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:39 pm

That often happens to me when I change Chars.

A way to resolve it is to switch back to the person you were playing before, and then try again.

asrai
Adventurer

Postby asrai » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:24 pm

Hmm well I didn't think I should start another thread but my bug is a bit different than the others.

I have started a new character. She is level 3 right now BUT has the experience to get to level 4. I have died 3 times and should not be able to move in the area with creatures in it...but I can. It wasn't till after I had been killing awhile when I noticed I should be waiting 35 mins.

Sheira
New Adventurer

Postby Sheira » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:53 pm

If I remember correctly (and according to Deeks Guide) the penalty for dying too often only affects you AFTER you became level 4.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:39 pm

Meara, it has always been that after obtaining the experience for level four, it still counted, whether you were -actually- level four or not.

asrai
Adventurer

Postby asrai » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:30 pm

You have died too many times and are too weak to adventure. For those with enough xp to be level 4 this means you can not move near a monster for 60 minutes.

I went back and died 3 times just to be sure. I should have to sit at the life monument to compose myself and then still not be able to go near a creature for 60mins. But I can....And no matter how many times I die I can still go kill things. My alt is level 3 with about 200% or more so I should have to wait.

Return to “Bug Reports”