Sever Lag and time outs

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Rigamortus
New Adventurer

Sever Lag and time outs

Postby Rigamortus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:46 pm

Over the last week there has been an overwhelming number of sever time outs and lag that are not on the normal Marcs. (marc lag). Is there anyway for you to be able to eliminate this problem?

Thank you

Rig Mortus

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:18 pm

Sorry, but this is the first I've heard of this. Also, I've been on many times, and the game has always been very speedy for me. Last, you posted this 5 hours ago and nobody has posted going "yea!!" Maybe you should switch ISPs.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:41 pm

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrn!
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.
-Ben-

Rigamortus
New Adventurer

Postby Rigamortus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:42 pm

*nods*

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:49 am

Sorry, Ben. Its been happening to me on and off as well recently (but today is the worst) and you know I have FIOS lines and and that my connecton is lightening fast! Plus I am not having issues anywhere else. Are the server peoples having issues? *grin*

And before you ask, I tried hitting, kicking, spitting and yelling....*chuckles*
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:19 am

I have also experienced the lag (but not the timeouts) in the last few days although usually I'm immune to any lag other than the top-of-marc lag.

Topaz

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:24 am

I have experienced no lag in months, and I am on to some extent almost the entire day. *shrug* Sorry.

Unless EVERYBODY is experiencing this problem, then it clearly isn't a problem caused by us... you do understand that, right? If it was our server, where all players go, all players would be experiencing the problem. So its something with the certain people having the problems... you. I can't do anything about that.
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:18 pm

Ben wrote:I have experienced no lag in months, and I am on to some extent almost the entire day. *shrug* Sorry.

Unless EVERYBODY is experiencing this problem, then it clearly isn't a problem caused by us... you do understand that, right? If it was our server, where all players go, all players would be experiencing the problem. So its something with the certain people having the problems... you. I can't do anything about that.

Are you telling me that you only have ONE server for all this, Ben? If there are more then one then it makes perfect sense that some (mostly likely on that server) would experience lag. Im sorry-its not a cut at all on you or the game, its just wehat is happening and I know full well that its not my internet! =P

Also, I suggest clearing cookies, cache and temp files. This seems to speed things up a bit. Certain times of the day I think when most people are online is when the lag hits the worst. Thats just the way it is.
Last edited by Ellyana Lilli on Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero

Ellyana - 118743

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:21 pm

There are two servers for the game, but everybody uses both of them simultaneously, so if either of the servers (or both) were causing lag, all people would experience it at the same time. One is a database server, the other is a web server. Neither one can run the game alone.

So yes, I am "telling you" that, in the context you are inquiring within, we only have one server for all of the players.

We also have a third server for administrative stuff, but the game does not go through there t all. That just gets lagged by itself when banned people send me too many whiny emails.
Ben

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:23 pm

Damn you are fast. *smiles*

I edited above to add some useful (I found useful) information for anyone else.

Simple stuff

Also, I suggest clearing cookies, cache and temp files. This seems to speed things up a bit. Certain times of the day I think when most people are online is when the lag hits the worst. Thats just the way it is.

Also, as always I suggest supercleaner a few times a week for anyone.

Ellyana - 118743

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:29 pm

I have noticed that from time to time there will be a tiny subculture of valornians who claim to have lag problems.... probably this is their ISP? Or a problem with some other lame server that is somewhere along the chain of servers out across the internet between our own PCs and the DG Servers?
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.

-Ben-

Yulan Marlboro
Adventurer

Postby Yulan Marlboro » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:33 pm

Thought i would add this - I had lag problems, and time outs, and also problems with being unable to get onto DG, i got annoyed and completely wiped off my networking thingy, and set up a home network all over again and hey presto! no problems! so maybe those of you on a router or a network should try and set it up again and see?

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:53 pm

Corwin Skyborn wrote:I have noticed that from time to time there will be a tiny subculture of valornians who claim to have lag problems.... probably this is their ISP? Or a problem with some other lame server that is somewhere along the chain of servers out across the internet between our own PCs and the DG Servers?

I actually tracked everything that the connection goes through from me to DG and visa versa. Man, there are alot of stops! NO wonder there is often lag. I am not complaining, I truly love DG and will deal with it, but darn it deos suck when its really bad. Meh. Oh well.

Ellyana - 118743

Ergo
Adventurer

Postby Ergo » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:35 pm

Addicts can never get their fix fast enough. :lol:
May the gods shine their light upon us all.

Ergo -53615

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:56 pm

Ergo wrote:Addicts can never get their fix fast enough. :lol:

Addicts? what? Not me *hides all the DG tabs* Just because I tried 50 proxy sites at work, tried remote connecting to my home PC to get here doesn't make me an addict!!

Why oh WHY does my job have to block you, DG!!! *cries*

Ellyana - 118743

vardian
Experienced Adventurer

Postby vardian » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:12 pm

*smiles* A few days late, but the only time I get a lag, but it is regular, is when the time lapses over to a crier announcement at 0 marcs etc.

However - I am willing to go with the its just dumb luck/server/etc!
Your bullets cannot harm me - my wings are like a shield of steel!

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:40 pm

~Ellyana Lilly~ wrote:Why oh WHY does my job have to block you, DG!!! *cries*

The Firewalls at your job have probably detected all the uber trojan viruses that Ben sneaks through DG and onto many PCs so that he can secretly activate your webcam and watch you while you least expect it.

-Ben-

artzamy23
Adventurer

Postby artzamy23 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:55 pm

Corwin Skyborn wrote:

The Firewalls at your job have probably detected all the uber trojan viruses that Ben sneaks through DG and onto many PCs so that he can secretly activate your webcam and watch you while you least expect it.

I am so going to have to stop playing DG in the buff. *shiftily eyes her Logitech 4megapixal webcam*
Please remember that we have to share the Earth. Let us not think that we are the sole owners and that those around us are merely paying rent.

Thaliea, #62516

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:24 am

Corwin Skyborn wrote:

Oh my my. Ill have to be sure to stop making faces at the screen from now on whern I die, and stop playing in my PJ's!! :lol:

Ellyana - 118743

Return to “Bug Reports”