Running away

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Talis
New Adventurer

Running away

Postby Talis » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:00 pm

I had been led to believe that if you tried to retreat before interacting with the beasties, you would always manage it, but Talis has been killed twice now, and attacked several times when entering an area, and immediatly fleeing.

Is this a, a bug,
b, a new thing,
or c, the curse of curiosity in exploring places he knows he can't fight?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process
he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss,
the abyss also looks into you.
--Friedrich Nietzsche Beyond Good and Evil

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:24 pm

I can't replicate your bug.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

Talis
New Adventurer

Postby Talis » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:37 pm

Should possibly have been more specific, this is an intermittant thing, sometimes whole days of running away screaming will pass without anything getting a claw in!

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:04 pm

I can recall mabye once or trice where I was not able to flee from first contact with an enemy. I believe it occured once under the dundee inn, or possibly once against a boss monster underground somewhere. Sorry i'm being vague. It hasn't been a problem which disruted me enough to make me realize it coulda been a bug. I don't retreat all that much :)
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.
-Ben-

Synvasti Shymere
Adventurer

Postby Synvasti Shymere » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:38 am

Admittedly, I'm new, but the only thing I've ever been unable to run away from immediately was those big hulking demons and bloody champions. They would squish me when I tried... I assumed it was related to dexterity, and the speed of my retreat was nothing compared to their high level of badness.
I long for the song of the morning, the dancing of shadows at dusk, and the silence that closes the night.

Return to “Bug Reports”