Korrith-inspired Googlewhack search - 600P prize

This board contains announcements, discussion and planning for in-game events.
Fleur
Veteran

Korrith-inspired Googlewhack search - 600P prize

Postby Fleur » Wed May 31, 2006 1:09 pm

If anyone has time on their hands I will give 600P to the person who can find the most (or even one) googlewhacks before 7pm EST on Friday 2nd June.

You must provide the googlewhack(s) search terms and the one link that comes up on google for it, on this thread with your character name and cid.

You may not use googlewhacks already found and posted by another person on this thread.

You cannot use non-English words unless they are in common usage. All words must be found in dictionary.com. No names allowed. The resulting googlewhack MUST be a real site, not just a list of words. Oh, and you can't used whacks already listed on a site such as googlewhack.com or the whack stack. Trust me, we'll know if you cheat (I'm a teacher, remember?)

Jimmy Kitten, as our new resident googlewhack expert, will help decide which entries are acceptable. Our decision is final.

In the event of a draw, we will decide which googlewhack / list thereof, is the most creative.

Just for the record, when playing around with this, the fewest results I turned up was 29. I can't remember what for exactly, something like 'lugubrious facecloth.'

Enjoy, if you have free time.

jimmykitten
Veteran

Postby jimmykitten » Wed May 31, 2006 1:30 pm

Aulophobia + prenuptial

:D

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Wed May 31, 2006 1:37 pm

I give up on trying to find a real googlewhack.

I'm just not wordy enough. :cry:

jimmykitten
Veteran

Postby jimmykitten » Wed May 31, 2006 1:47 pm

skirr and collop

:D

ShadowHunter
Social Leech

Postby ShadowHunter » Wed May 31, 2006 2:22 pm

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis zanana

here is the link

http://mamchenkov.net/wordpress/wp-content/domains.txt

had to go through every wierd word i know from qat to zanana to find one that worked
When your wife or girlfriend or husband or boyfriend is ticking you off, you don't go and delete yourself or whatnot. *shrug* - Ben

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Wed May 31, 2006 6:00 pm

any chance that you will tell us what a googlewhack is?
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.
-Ben-

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Wed May 31, 2006 6:10 pm

A googlewhack is where you enter two random words into the google search engine, and get one site back as your results. To be a true googlewhack it has to be a genuine site, not just a site with random lists of words. It also has to follow the rules laid out above.

Fleur
Veteran

Re: Korrith-inspired Googlewhack search - 600P prize

Postby Fleur » Wed May 31, 2006 6:12 pm

Fleur wrote:The resulting googlewhack MUST be a real site, not just a list of words.

Sorry Zanaan, that's just a list of words!

ShadowHunter
Social Leech

Postby ShadowHunter » Wed May 31, 2006 6:39 pm

so wait, if some of the results are just a list of words they dont count, so if there is one that actually usues one and three that dont and only 4 results, do those count?
When your wife or girlfriend or husband or boyfriend is ticking you off, you don't go and delete yourself or whatnot. *shrug* - Ben

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Wed May 31, 2006 6:41 pm

Sadly not. That's what makes it so difficult.

ShadowHunter
Social Leech

Postby ShadowHunter » Wed May 31, 2006 6:42 pm

stupid word list....

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Wed May 31, 2006 6:58 pm

Fingerlicken Retriever

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Wed May 31, 2006 7:45 pm

Hentez wrote:Fingerlicken Retriever

Unfortunately 'fingerlicken' does not appear in the dictionary (for this, dictionary.com) - I looked at 'finger-licking retriever' but it had 112 results...

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Wed May 31, 2006 7:59 pm

pineco crutch
beertender freerunning

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Wed May 31, 2006 8:10 pm

politicology sunburn.

politicology does not appear in dictionary.com, nor on answers.com, although I'm fairly certain it's an English word.....

Thorin the Dainty.

And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Wed May 31, 2006 8:11 pm

superduck wrote:pineco crutch
beertender freerunning

OK, pineco is out as it isn't in the dictionary.
As for freerunning - I'm contemplating it. Will consult with JK (googlewhacker extraordinaire) and get back to you on this one, technically the word is free-running.

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Wed May 31, 2006 8:14 pm

It's a pokemon, don't I earn bonus points for that? :P

Thorin the Dainty.

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Wed May 31, 2006 8:29 pm

viperoides homemade gives 14 results, of which 8 are irrelevant according to google, and 5 are wordlists, leaving only 1 normal site. Does this count too?

edit: another question, about viperoides googlewhack. Dictionary.com has a result for googlewhacking, but not for googlewhack itself.

Thorin the Dainty.

jimmykitten
Veteran

Postby jimmykitten » Wed May 31, 2006 8:38 pm

beertending is not in the dictionary so even if fleur decided to accept freerunning, that wouldn't count.

if politicology does not appear in dictionary.com, it doesn't count. personally i found a googlewhack where 1 word wasn't in dictionary.com even though i knew it was a word and didn't post it.

and as for results where you get lists and only one real result, i found at least 5 and probably a lot more of those but didn't post them because after consulting with fleur, we didn't think it was what a googlewhack meant.

so sorry, thorin! i don't find any of your entries to be true googlewhacks!

jimmykitten
Veteran

Postby jimmykitten » Wed May 31, 2006 8:42 pm

as for whether a word variant is allowed, yes, i think so. googlewhack is obviously the noun form of googlewacking. so if 'googlewacking' is in the dictionary, 'googlewhack' counts, much like if 'run' is in the dictionary, you can consider 'running' a word.

as far as dictionary.com being the authority for googlewhacks, i didn't make the rules, but it specifically says that dictionary.com is what you should check for googlewhacks.

Return to “Contest and Event Planning”