New Death bug

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Wallae Nite
New Adventurer

New Death bug

Postby Wallae Nite » Thu May 25, 2006 12:00 am

During the recent portal raid I was killed 3 times rather quickley, each time I had to wait at my Life Monument a few minutes before moving. After my 3rd death 3 minute waiting period, I stepped into an Enchanter Portal, and ended up 1 step from the battle I had just been killed at 3 times, walked in and died again, and then repeated for a total of 5 deaths with only the 3 minute waiting period in between

Fon
Veteran

Postby Fon » Thu May 25, 2006 1:22 am

You didnt walk into a monster-spawning area.

Just an area with monsters spawned there. :D
Once, I typed 'teh' to be ironic. But, I screwed up typing and it came out 'the'

# 42308

Wallae Nite
New Adventurer

Postby Wallae Nite » Thu May 25, 2006 2:52 am

I don't understand what your reply has to do with the problem I reported.

Fon
Veteran

Postby Fon » Thu May 25, 2006 2:54 am

When you die 3 times, you cannot move to a monster spawning spot.

And example would be the sewers, where there is a chance you could spawn a rat. But at the castle, you can't spawn units there, so it is seen as a safe spot. It is like travelling over dundee with 3 deaths.

Once, I typed 'teh' to be ironic. But, I screwed up typing and it came out 'the'

# 42308

Wallae Nite
New Adventurer

Postby Wallae Nite » Thu May 25, 2006 3:15 am

So the ability to die 5 or more times during a raid in a normaly safe place is by design in the new death program.

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Thu May 25, 2006 3:18 am

I don't think it is by design, It is just something that has always been and was not changed in the new system..
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Thu May 25, 2006 3:54 am

It has indeed been this way awhile, also it has been addressed by Ben. He ended up saying it was not worth the effort to fix. (I assume because moving a life monument or retargeting portal exits is rather drastic). The Laws against adventuring when you are at your death limit are in place so that you do not risk permanant death. You are thus confined to safe areas inside city walls/boundries. Any monsters that Invade into the safe zones are entering onto your turf and as such you are a bit backed into a corner and forced to battle them OR run and avoid them. The choice it up to you.
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.
-Ben-

Tanno Weldsmen
New Adventurer

Postby Tanno Weldsmen » Sat May 27, 2006 11:13 pm

I had something not so similar to that but close to the same category to me. It said that you have died too many time and are too weak to adventure. And yet, I can move wherever I want. It's a little confusing but I don't care. It's just a little annoying sometimes :)

Alfin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Alfin » Sun May 28, 2006 8:25 am

I started a new alt. He died during level 1 and there was no penalty. But the message that I would need a few minutes to gather myself did pop up. If this is by design to get noobs accostomed to the 3min rest. Then please completely ignore this. :)
--- There is only one truth, but many views of it.

Return to “Bug Reports”