=== REPORT SPELLING ERRORS HERE ===

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Nih Betodaru
Veteran

Re: === REPORT SPELLING ERRORS HERE ===

Postby Nih Betodaru » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:54 pm

I suppose the confusion on my behalf comes from using it like a star. I don't say, "Look at sun." I say, "Look at the sun."

If it is a location, then it makes sense to not use 'the'

"I jumped from the mountain top to Sunrifter." "I took the train to Paris."

Am I just missing how you are intending on using it? My head has been muddled for days now...

Prompting Character Development since 2013. :wink:

Zeric of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Zeric of Admin » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:23 pm

"The Sun" is the Sun which happens to be in our solar system. A more appropriate comparison would be our Sun's proper name which is "Sol". Not "The Sol."

Equally, if we lived in the Alpha Centauri system the Sun would be "Proxima Centauri" not "The Proxima Centauri".

Of course, as far as Valornians are concerned there is only Sunrifter - In the end it's just what we (The people who live on it) call it that matters (And we just say 'Sunrifter', so nyah!).

- Z

Atreiya
Adventurer

Postby Atreiya » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:40 pm

*this here English Major nods her approval*

Accurate description of a proper noun there, Zeric.

:)

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Wed May 06, 2015 3:28 pm

I noticed a couple of errors whilst in the School House at Althwyde's Landing.

School House Waiting Room
The school house is not a very big one. Its looks to be designed to hold about thirty kids, but it has less then half of that actually attending. The city council is hoping that more people move here to fight the growing darkness in the land. If those people have children the town will be prepared.

I would suggest it be reworded slightly, if admin decide it needs changing at all, to perhaps something along the lines of:

"The school house is not very large and appears to be designed to hold around thirty students, although less than half this number actually attend. The City Council hope that more people will move here and help fight the growing darkness in the land. If these people have children, then the town will be prepared."

(Although, I am not sure the last sentence (underlined) is needed.)

Either way, I just thought I would mention it. Please don't smite me!

What's an Aldwythe's Landing?
Last edited by Dabria on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:27 pm

Lost Tomb of the Ancients - Lower Halls --- Three west of the north-east most corner and then one south.

Under the hieroglyphs are two scarabs a black one pointing east, and a silver one with Sunrifter scribbled on its back pointing west.

The only exit from this room is to the north.

Fixed - Z

izzy
New Adventurer

Postby izzy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Hello there, guys,

OK, SO, ANOTHER RELATIVELY FUNNY SPELLING ERROR, DIRECTLY FROM THE TREE. It reads:
"There are disorganized piles of junk everywyere. There are books here, swords there, and untidy heaps in all directions. The glowing moss is everywhere though it isn't enough to light the way.
Tunnels lead out to the west and a huge opening leads down into the lower levels of the tree." Hmm, is that supposed to be everywhere, I wonder?
By the way, sorry, but its hilarious with speech.

Fixed - Z

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Ryndall Street
A gate blocks any further passage north. To the east is an alchemist's shop.

East leads to a jewelers.

Not changing. Alchemy is used in the transforming matter into gold sense here. - Z

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Sorynn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Sorynn » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:27 pm

Alchemy is more than just elixirs/potions and such, like the transformation of matter i.e.: as in the making of the magical jewelry at Rynn's.

Alchemy: the medieval forerunner of chemistry, based on the supposed transformation of matter. It was concerned particularly with attempts to convert base metals into gold or to find a universal elixir.
synonyms: chemistry; magic, sorcery, witchcraft
OR: a seemingly magical process of transformation, creation, or combination.

The area description is as follows:
"This small building houses a workshop and display room. Many fine pieces of jewelry line the display cases. Some of the pieces have magical properties and others appear to just be decorative..."

So I think it is correct as is...unless I am wrong, which , you know, has happened.

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:07 am

A weakly-glowing life monument stands in front of the monument.

At Ryndall Monument, unless there's another monument I'm unaware of I think this is a mistake.

Fixed - Z

Live life with no regrets.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:29 pm

In the Hollowed Tree north of the statue.

This area darker then the other areas. This Sunken into the walls are bits and pieces of skeletons.

There are exits to the east and the south.

Shouldn't there be an is after the first word area and shouldn't then be than? As for the second part... not to sure on that one.

Fixed - Z

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:25 pm

the Paradisi fruit

The description should read 'its own' not "it's"

Z EDIT - Fixed

Isoyami
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Isoyami » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:53 pm

From the NH pirate ship.

Giant Kracken Tenticles attacks!

I do believe it should be Tentacles. Unless it is a reference I am missing.

Fixed - Z
Awai Isoyami - 61003
"I fear no demon, for Ben is my Strength. I fear not death, for Cory is my Shield."

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:59 pm

In the Milltown lofted dome seems like a color or word might be left out..... I colored the spot in question.... by pale what?

Milltown Temple - Lofted Dome
The view here is vast, stretching away in every direction to the majestic mountains, endless expanse of desert and wave-crested sapphire seas as the skies wheel and turn overhead. The suspended, edged walkway allows for a complete traverse around the internal circumference of the thick, crystalline dome.

Scatters of light stain the floor below with skidding shimmers of argent slivers, chased by carbon, pursued by pale, rounded in a symphony of monochromatic splendour.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:56 pm

Milltown Temple - The Crux

At the very centre of the room a simple, skilfully-hewn heptagonal...

Should be skillfully-hewn.

Fixed - Z

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:51 am

joyfire wrote:In the Milltown lofted dome seems like a color or word might be left out..... I colored the spot in question.... by pale what?

The view here is vast, stretching away in every direction to the majestic mountains, endless expanse of desert and wave-crested sapphire seas as the skies wheel and turn overhead. The suspended, edged walkway allows for a complete traverse around the internal circumference of the thick, crystalline dome.

Scatters of light stain the floor below with skidding shimmers of argent slivers, chased by carbon, pursued by pale, rounded in a symphony of monochromatic splendour.

I believe that this is simply a case of poetic prose. Pale being the other colours in the light. As in they're not carbon(dark) or argent(also dark).

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:32 am

Xanthias wrote:
joyfire wrote:In the Milltown lofted dome seems like a color or word might be left out..... I colored the spot in question.... by pale what?

I believe that this is simply a case of poetic prose. Pale being the other colours in the light. As in they're not carbon(dark) or argent(also dark).

"...argent slivers, chased by carbon, pursued by pale..."
As Xanthias said, it is just another way, at least this is how I interpreted it, to show explain how the colours blend and fade together, as they are projected through the dome. Kind of like when you look through a prism and see a rainbow - the colours start off really clear and defined, but eventually start to fade and blend together to give the "never ending" effect. :)
Last edited by Dabria on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:15 pm

Makes sense!
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Shierah
New Adventurer

Postby Shierah » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:52 am

On the western most edge of the milltown fruit orchard, there is repeated the word "stonewall" at the beginning of each description. I feel like there should be a space in between stone and wall...

Fixed - Z

Shierah
New Adventurer

Postby Shierah » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:58 am

Brisingr Blaze wrote:In the Hollowed Tree north of the statue.

This area darker then the other areas. This Sunken into the walls are bits and pieces of skeletons.

There are exits to the east and the south.

Shouldn't there be an is after the first word area and shouldn't then be than? As for the second part... not to sure on that one.

Seems like it should be " this area is darker than the other areas." And the word "this" beginning the next sentence is not needed.

Achelle
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Achelle » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:58 am

At the risk of spoilers.

"Azepheral" is misspelled at the top of you-know-where.
Zanaan the Unsartorial says "Me? I am always Modest my dear. In fact I am due a medal sometime that exemplifies just how splendorously modest I am. Why if only others could be as modest as I. *Looks to Zheq and whispers* What's modesty again?"

Return to “Bug Reports”