Links Page Update

This board will be posted to by Admin when changes are made to the World or to the Code. It is important to check this board at least once every few days to make sure you do not miss a new feature!
Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Links Page Update

Postby Miranda of Admin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:25 pm

In a week or so I am going to completely overhaul the links page. I've already been through it and removed any links that obviously do not work. (If anyone can find the color code post or the automated dice post, please forum PM me with the links because I haven't managed to find the new forum links to update those two posts yet.)

Now read carefully because if you want a link on the page, you'll need to let me know using the right method. If you do not use the right method, you may end up with no link at all. This goes for all links: guilds, strategy guides etc.

If you already have a link up and it is correct: Send me a PM to char #24 with confirmation that the link should stay. If I do not hear from you, I shall assume that your link should not be there (inactive guild, for example.)

If you already have a link up but you would like to change it: Send me a PM to char #24 telling me what the link it called, and with a new URL to link to.

If you have no link up (even if you have already requested it): Use the gold 'suggest a link' link at the top right to tell me your link and I shall post it.

I would like all info in by Thurs August 6th. Please note that it does not have to be a guild leader who contacts me, but try and avoid multiple requests for the same link.

Thanks.

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Re: Links Page Update

Postby Miranda of Admin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:36 pm

Thanks to those who sent me links for color code and dice roll. They should now be updated. M.

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:21 pm

I'll try and make this even clearer. As specified in my first post, please contact me in one of the following ways and formats.

1. PM to me (24) - "The link to ***insert TITLE of link (eg. "GUILD NAME") *** is fine, and should stay on the links page."

2. PM to me (24) - "The link to ***insert TITLE of link (eg. "GUILD NAME") *** is not correct. The link should be up, but the correct link is *** INSERT CORRECT URL***"

3. Click "Suggest a link" at top right of LINKS page - "*** INSERT CORRECT URL*** ***GIVE TITLE of link (eg. "GUILD NAME")***"

If I don't know what URL you mean, or what guild, I can't do anything with it. This means your link will not appear. If you do not contact me about existing links, the link will be taken down.

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:36 pm

I will be updating tomorrow morning. I'm surprised at the number of guilds whose sites will be being removed because nobody got in touch with me. I suggest that, if you want a link up and you haven't contacted me in the appropriate way, you do so tonight.

Please note that I am using this as a guide to active guilds. If you have no site but are an active guild, it might be an idea to also send me a PM (24.)

At the moment, only the following guilds will have a link on the links page:

RoK
OSW
KoV
CSB
CoE
Blessed
AVE
Learned
HONOR
TS
LotSS
UoL
Shieldwall
OtFS
DRAGON

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:07 am

This is complete, I think. I was a bit disappointed to have to remove links to guilds that I thought were active, but thank you to everybody else who contacted me.

Please feel free to continue to submit links, but I can't guarantee when or how often I will get around to checking them. I'm quite busy working on the next area of .... oh, my coffee is ready.

Thanks! = )

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:10 pm

In a week or so we are again revising the Guilds portion of the links pages.

If you want a link on the page, you'll need to let me know using the right method. If you do not use the right method, you may end up with no link at all.

If you already have a link up and it is correct: Send me a PM to char #37 or a message to me here with confirmation that the link should stay. If I do not hear from you, I shall assume that your link should not be there (inactive guild, for example.)
"The link to ***insert TITLE of link (eg. "GUILD NAME") *** is fine, and should stay on the links page."

If you already have a link up but you would like to change it: Send a pm to Char #37 or message to me here telling me what the link it called, and with a new URL to link to. "The link to ***insert TITLE of link (eg. "GUILD NAME") *** is not correct. The link should be up, but the correct link is *** INSERT CORRECT URL***"

If you have no link up (even if you have already requested it): Use the gold 'suggest a link' link at the top right to tell me your link and I shall post it.
Click "Suggest a link" at top right of LINKS page - "*** INSERT CORRECT URL*** ***GIVE TITLE of link (eg. "GUILD NAME")***"

I would like all info in by Saturday, Sept 12th. Please note that it does not have to be a guild leader who contacts me, but try and avoid multiple requests for the same link.

Guilds I have been contacted by:

Alliance of Valornian Explorers
Amazonian Clans of Valorn
Clan of the Shrouded Bunnies
Circle of Eternity
Company of the Aurulent Dawn
Guardians of the Realm Elite
The Knights of the Vow
The Learned
New Era
Protectors of Valorn
The Remnants of Kimald
Shieldwall
Serendipitous Resurrection
Trinald United
Twenty Two
Twilight Serenity
The Vanguard

This list will be updated as I am sent more links.

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:59 pm

The final updates and removals will occur tomorrow morning. If you want a link up and haven't contacted me in the appropriate way, I suggest you do so tonight. Please see the list in the post above to see which guilds will remain on the guilds' link list.

You may submit a link for approval after tomorrow; however, it may take a while to be listed.

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:27 am

Over the next few weeks we are again revising the Guilds portion of the links pages.

Not all the current guild have links listed. If you want a link on the page, you'll need to let me know using the right method.

If you already have a link up but you would like to change it: Send a pm to Char #37 or message to me here telling me what the link is called, and with a new URL to link to. "The link to ***insert TITLE of link (eg. "GUILD NAME") *** is not correct. The link should be up, but the correct link is *** INSERT CORRECT URL***" We have made changes to the guild links via the suggest a link, but letting me know there is a change is more certain.

Click "Suggest a link" at top right of LINKS page - "*** INSERT CORRECT URL*** ***GIVE TITLE of link (eg. "GUILD NAME")***" Send a pm to Char # 37 or message to me here telling me what the link is called.

It does not have to be a guild leader who contacts me, but please try to avoid multiple requests for the same link.

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:14 pm

As 2010 draws to a close and 2011 prepares to begin, I want to make certain I have not missed any links pages updates for guilds.

This is for only guild links. If you want a link on the page, you'll need to let me know using the right method. If you do not use the right method, you may end up with no link at all.

If you already have a link up and it is correct: Send me a PM to char #37 or a message to me here with confirmation that the link should stay. If I do not hear from you, I shall assume that your link should not be there (inactive guild, for example.)
"The link to ***insert TITLE of link (eg. "GUILD NAME") *** is fine, and should stay on the links page."

If you already have a link up but you would like to change it: Send a pm to Char #37 or message to me here telling me to remove the link. "The link to ***insert TITLE of link (eg. "GUILD NAME") *** is not correct. After that, follow the directions below for a new link to be created.

If you have no link up (even if you have already requested it): Use the gold 'suggest a link' link at the top right to tell me your link and I shall post it. Make certain you are logged into the game when you do this.

Click "Suggest a link" at top right of LINKS page - "*** INSERT CORRECT URL*** ***GIVE TITLE of link (eg. "GUILD NAME")***"

I would like all information in by Saturday, January 8th. Please note that it does not have to be a guild leader who contacts me; I would like you to try and avoid multiple requests for the same link. As I receive requests, I will post the information at the end of this message.

Guilds I have been contacted by:
Amazonian Clans of Valorn
Circle of Eternity
Honor
The Knights Of The Vow
The Learned
New Era
Remnants of Kimald
Shieldwall
Twenty Two
Twilight Serenity
The Vanguard

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:43 am

The final updates and removals will occur at the end of this week. If you want to put a link up and haven't contacted me in the appropriate way, I suggest you do so within the next few days. Please see the list in the post above to see which guilds will remain on the guilds' link list.

You may submit a link for approval after this deadline; however, it may take a while to be listed.

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Mon May 30, 2011 3:56 pm

While we are not doing a specific guild link overhaul at this time, I thought it prudent to remind people of a few items in regard to having a link on the guild page.

When you submit a request, make sure to note the page on your guild forum that links back to Dark Grimoire. It could be on your first page - this is especially important if you have a guild forum that does not allow the casual visitor the ability to look around. If you don't have one, your guild link may not be approved. After all we are providing a link to your guild's page; it is courteous to do the same in return.

You may only put the URL of your guild forum in your character's profile if it is through DGPN (Dark Grimoire Players Network).

As stated previously viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8246 copying game information directly into your guild site is prohibited. It breaks copyright law. If you wish to have information from the game summarize or paraphrase it. This includes in game conversation. Summarize the event if you want; do not paste it onto your website.

If you currently have a guild site linked, please make sure your site follows these rules.

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Mon May 30, 2011 5:31 pm

Since I have received some inquiries from guilds who do not have a link to DG easily accessible on their guild site, I present 3 examples from guilds with different ways of linking back.

The front page method: The link to DG is clear and obvious as soon as the page is accessed. http://www.povhome.0catch.com/
The forum method: The link to DG is a specific forum that is seen immediately on going to the Guild front page. http://shieldwall.proboards.com/index.cgi
The links method: The link appears under a links section on the front page. http://www.avedg.net/

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:48 am

As we move into Fall Festival, I want to make certain I have not missed any links pages updates for guilds.

This is for only guild links. If you want a link on the page, you'll need to let me know using the right method. If you do not use the right method, you may end up with no link at all.

If you already have a link up but you would like to change it: Send a pm to Char #37 or message to me here telling me to remove the link. "The link to ***insert TITLE of link (eg. "GUILD NAME") *** is not correct. After that, follow the directions below for a new link to be created.

If you have no link up (even if you have already requested it): Use the gold 'suggest a link' link at the top right to tell me your link and I shall post it. Make certain you are logged into the game when you do this.

I would like all information in by Saturday, November 5. Please note that it does not have to be a guild leader who contacts me; I would like you to try and avoid multiple requests for the same link. As I receive requests, I will post the information at the end of this message.

Blade and Staff
The Learned
New Era
Remnants of Kimald
Shieldwall
Twenty Two
Twilight Serenity
The Vanguard

Jane of Admin
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Jane of Admin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:35 am

It is once again time to make certain I have not missed any links page updates for guilds. Please understand, I cannot help you moderate or change your guild pages, but I can see that the appropriate link to your guild's forum is available in the links section of the game. This is along the left side of the screen.

There is one portion of the form that asks "location of link to us." That is where you cut and paste the URL where I can see you have a linkback to the Dark Grimoire.

I would like all information in by Saturday, March 31. Please note that it does not have to be a guild leader who contacts me; I would like you to try and avoid multiple requests for the same link. As I receive requests, I will post the information at the end of this message to avoid duplication.

Blade and Staff
Honor
The Knights of the Vow
The Learned
Remnants of Kimald
Shieldwall
Twenty Two
Twilight Serenity
The Vanguard