New Golden Age Forge - IMPORTANT READING

This board will be posted to by Admin when changes are made to the World or to the Code. It is important to check this board at least once every few days to make sure you do not miss a new feature!
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

New Golden Age Forge - IMPORTANT READING

Postby Ben » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:33 am

There is a new Golden Age Forge. READ THIS POST COMPLETELY.

Usually when such a thing is put in, I allow people to discover it on their own and figure out its uses, like a puzzle... but this one requires massive amounts of $$$, so I am announcing and explaining it.

The gist is that making armor for extremely high level players was becoming a burden and a sort of detriment to creating higher level content.

The new forge will allow adventurers that are level 60 or over to modify whatever armor they are wearing (only your MAIN piece of armor, not your gloves, boots, helm, etc) to have an appropriate amount of AC for your level. So if you are level 62 wearing a level 59 armor (the highest for your profession, probably, unless you are an enchanter), and you use this forge, the armor's AC will be upgraded to an appropriate amount for your profession and level, and the level requirement will change to your current level. This saved me hours and hours of work at creating new armor and having to get new art for it, etc.

Please note that IN ADDITION, the item will become NO DROP.

This also allows extra roleplaying, because you DO NOT have to be wearing a piece of level 50+ armor or anything to upgrade it. So if you like the way a level 32 piece of armor looks or you like the name of it, you can wear that particular armor to the forge and upgrade it to your own level... so now once you reach level 60, you can use any armor (as long as your profession can wear it) in the game that you like!... a RP bonus for our high level adventurers.

There is an extreme cost to this though, as the priest guarding the Forge requires a donation of 5000 platinum to the Great Temple to transport you there.

You will also need a FULLY CHARGED crystal (the same type used to make Amulet of the Order)... and of course you will need to be WEARING the armor you want to upgrade.

A WORD OF WARNING: Nobody 60+ was on when I put this new Forge into the game late at night, so I was unable to test it fully. I SUGGEST YOU DO NOT USE IT, AND DO NOT PAY THE 5000 TO TRAVEL TO THE FORGE until I am able to find level 60 people to test the Forge. I will post here again when I finally get some level 60+ people to help me. Hopefully some of them will be online Wednesday afternoon/evening to assist me.

You can find the priest who guards the new Forge in the Great Temple of Ben..... but as I said, do not "Use" him until I post in this thread again.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:46 pm

It is now tested and up and running for everybody to use.
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:49 pm

Also, there is now a bonus for weight....... a VERY SLIGHT bonus. If you pick a lighter armor to modify, you will likely be sacrificing 50 or less AC. But still hopefully that will help people decide less often to make a choice based on weight.

Last, there is a VERY SMALL random component... +/-5 AC. Random components are fun ;)
Ben

Return to “Game Changes and Worldbuilding”