Guild Hall Changes

This board will be posted to by Admin when changes are made to the World or to the Code. It is important to check this board at least once every few days to make sure you do not miss a new feature!
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Guild Hall Changes

Postby Ben » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:36 pm

1) new guild hall lots will be added the first half of March
2) the guild hall point cost to purchase a lot will be raised from 200 to approximately 2000-10000 guild hall points (exact price to be determined after some study)
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:30 am

10 guild halls were razed today and are now available for purchase as empty lots, scattered around various locations in Valorn. This should be plenty of lots for now.

Additionally, the cost to purchase a guild hall initially has been raised from 200 to 800 guild points. I decided not to make it such an extreme number as I had originally planned, but I do think that the price does have to reflect a guild that has been around for a while.
Last edited by Ben on Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:34 am

Some guilds that had not been formally disbanded, that were nevertheless inactive, that also had guild halls were forcefully disbanded. Unfortunately, I forgot to include the protocol to transport you to Dundee Town Square. If you find yourself stuck in your old guild hall (which should be a rare occurance, (few people from these guilds even play anymore....... which is why they were disbanded,) please post in the bugs forum with your character id # and I will transport you individually as the need arises.

Those inactive and now disbanded guilds are:
The Hidden
The Celestial Guardians
The Unvanquished
The Light of Knowledge
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:07 am

As a note, guilds building and designing guild halls should follow carlo's advice in the following thread:
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/bb/ftopic72 ... Halls.html

No, it is not against the rules to put giant mountains in your Dundee guild hall, or giant lakes in your desert guild hall, or pet trolls and demons in your Worldbuilder Lane guild hall... it is not against the rules, but it is dumb. It speaks to a lack of creativity and roleplaying ability. Were I an up-and-coming new player searching for a home, I would not join a guild that couldn't even manage to invent a hall that fits in with the environment where it exists, because clearly the leaders of that guild lack roleplaying skill, and this is a roleplaying game, where roleplaying skill is somewhat important.

Also, there have been a lot of posts by myself responding to people in new guilds wanting things the last few days, where I say, basically, "Yes, but what have you done for the world?" The gods do not give ANY favor to guilds that do not add to the world or work for the betterment of the society or atmosphere. Creating a guild hall that is out of place and out of character does not help your guild rise in stature in the eyes of the gods... in fact, it diminishes it. =)

So pick the location of your hall carefully, and then use your creative brainpower to make something artful that FITS within the greater context of where your hall is placed, and is IN-CHARACTER, given the universe of this game-world and the things that exist here. You will be on your way then to creating a good guild worthy of honors.
Ben

Return to “Game Changes and Worldbuilding”