Amulets of the Order

This board will be posted to by Admin when changes are made to the World or to the Code. It is important to check this board at least once every few days to make sure you do not miss a new feature!
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Amulets of the Order

Postby Ben » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:08 pm

Amulets of the Order

The test phase on these is pretty much complete (although things can always be adjusted later, of course).

I'm going to explain the changes I made today to people who already have amulets... and in doing so, will spoil a bit how it works.

Yes, the amulet you get is random. First the stat boosts (+ to str, int, dex, con) on the amulet are decided randomly. Then those four statboosts are added together to decide
1) the level requirement (so an amulet with all stats added up to 5 is more LIKELY to have a low level requirement than an amulet with all stats adding up to 10, for instance.) So better amulets are more likely to have a higher level requirement.
2) the type of amulet (lesser, normal, greater, and ???). The type of amulet then determines if the amulet is drop or nodrop, what light amount it has, and what AC the amulet has. Better amulets are no drop but have superior AC and light.

CHANGES I MADE TODAY:
a) Some stats were lowered... people who had 4 int or 3 dex on their amulet will see that stat lowered by one.
b) Many of the lesser amulets out there turned into normal amulets. One or two normal amulets are now greater amulets (basically, the ranges of these types of amulets changed, as far as what str+int+dex+con it needs to qualify).
c) Normal amulets are now dropable/sellable just like lesser amulets.

Right now people are still getting amulets for themselves. Eventually high level people, who have the most access to no-drop violet crystals (the only no-drop component), will be able to forge multiple amulets... keeping the best one or two for their own use, and selling the rest, often to people of lower level who can't wear a greater amulet yet or who aren't high enough to have good access to violet crystals. The most sought after will be the ones that retain the ability to be dropped but still have good stat boosts. A low level requirement might also help particular amulets be worth more on the market. Those entrepreneurs who want to jump this trade market before it starts up can start hoarding* amulets and crystals... but I estimate a lot of people will be involved in the trade of these new items eventually.

(By hoarding I mean a person might choose not to sell the blank amulets as others have been doing, but instead wait to forge the amulets themself, keep the best one out of the lot, and then sell the forged ones on the trade market. This IS a slight gamble since you might get really "lucky" and forge a bunch of really nice no-drop amulets which you can't sell, but you do have a better than 70% chance of getting one that drops, FYI).
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:16 pm

Oh, other things...

1) Since this is a "forge" like the forges that make Ultimate Weapons, I probably should explain that amulets CANNOT be reforged. You can forge a NEW amulet anytime you want if you have a crystal and amulet, but you cannot change a Glowing Amulet that has already been made.

2) Report bugs to the bugs forum. =) I changed some stuff today and I'm pretty sure it works, but if you notice these things:
a) no level requirement on your amulet
b) amulet is dropable when it is greater or better
c) uhh... anything else weird.
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:47 am

NOTE: I'm talking about FORGED amulets in this thread. Unforged amulets are just decorative, of course, and have no stats or light or level requirement. =)
Ben

Return to “Game Changes and Worldbuilding”