Upcoming change.... fair warning

This board will be posted to by Admin when changes are made to the World or to the Code. It is important to check this board at least once every few days to make sure you do not miss a new feature!
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Upcoming change.... fair warning

Postby Ben » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:52 pm

Just so people don't freak out and have time to prepare when creating their characters and whatnot, as well as in advising and planning ahead, at some point in the near future, the battle #s will be changing, the main effect of which is that both DEX and STR will not be nearly as overwhelmingly dominant as they currently are, and weapon attack rating will be much more important than it is now.

So when this happens in a few days or weeks or a month, don't go whining about how you have been giving your character tons of strength and now it is just a slight bonus instead of the basis for your awesomeness... because I am warning you now.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:31 pm

Okay, the SUPER DOOPER bad news is that golden age mods will be affected. IN THE VERY LEAST we will have to get rid of all modded weapons and weapon mods that effect attack. I'm fairly sure that everything else we can leave alone.

Yes, I know this will make you all cry and be angry, but such is the price of going in and making things better. When we have [spoilers], and he actually [spoilers], you will see it is all worth it.

Unless you are a goober.
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:52 pm

Sorry, posts make it sound like this is FOR SURE. It is actually about 70% likely, not 100%.

HOWEVER, that 30% chance that it will NOT happen has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with if you whine or try to talk me out of it between now and when it happens, so please don't bother because all it will do is annoy me and make me want to delete your weapon and nobody elses. The decision to have to delete the modded weapons or not rests completely on MATH, not any sort of ethical or gameplay dilemma I am facing. MATH.
Last edited by Ben on Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:53 pm

Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:00 pm

Alright. =) Turns out that we won't be making this change after all. I'm sure people will cheer, but it actually is sad news. Basically, the game has to keep this one problem (weapon attack being incredibly less important than strength) because we have gone too long with it and there is just too much that would have to be changed if we changed that one little thing.

The only thing you need to keep from this post is the part about DEX being less effective in the future. We will still be changing DEX so that even though it does effect AC, it will not effect it nearly to the extend that it does now, so those people who are working on being DEX hogs this is fair warning that all the stuff you are spending on DEX will be a lot less useful in the future... don't neglect your other stats.
Ben

Return to “Game Changes and Worldbuilding”