Its armor time!

This board will be posted to by Admin when changes are made to the World or to the Code. It is important to check this board at least once every few days to make sure you do not miss a new feature!
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Its armor time!

Postby Ben » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:34 pm

Yep, I am working on it today. Hoping things are slow around here due to the holidays, so less people will be interrupted, especially noobies who will be ultra confused. It is highly suggested that you do NOT buy or sell ANY armor pieces until you see a post in this thread telling you it is okay.

I will be deleting all bottom armors, changing the stats on all armor tops, and fiddling with some stats for the next three hours or so.

To facilitate this change, you should:
1) NOT sell any armors until I post in here that it is okay to do so
2) NOT buy any armors until I post in here tht it is okay to do so
3) PUT ON your armor you want to keep RIGHT NOW, and DO NOT TAKE IT OFF again until I say it is okay.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:44 pm

It is now okay to buy and sell armor. Any armor bought before THIS point in time is in danger of being deleted in one/two weeks during the great armor cleanup.

The next stage is in two parts:

1) More armor will be added to plug some holes and give people more choices. Please note that like any new type of item, these new armors will be without images and descriptions until they are made. I think it is more important to get the items out there for people to use right away.

2) All old upper body (now full body) armors will be deleted that were bought before THIS point. If you buy armor from now on, you don't have to worry about it being deleted. All armor in existance now has been invisibly marked by a method that will let me delete them and only them.

----

As always, report all bugs in the bugs forum.
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:08 pm

People are confused, but I'm not sure why. This is actually MORE SIMPLE.

Okay, before you had Top Armor and Bottom Armor.

Now you just have Armor.

If you still have armor that says "Something SHIRT" or "Something BREASTPLATE", that is because you have an old version. Sell it and buy a new version whenever you have enough cash to do so. In fact, you pretty much have to do that in the next week sometime because in a week or so I will be deleting all those items that have the wrong names. Any new item you buy from the store will be called "Chainmail Armor" or "Full Leather Armor", showing you that it covers ALL your body, not just your top or bottom.

Got it? =)
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:27 pm

If the armor you have on you is now too high of a level for you, GO SELL IT AND BUY NEW ARMOR THAT WORKS.

Since you are selling more expensive armor and buying lesser armor, you should have just about enough money.

Also, please read the game updates forum from now on. Information that today's change was going to happen has been available here on the forums for at least the past two weeks, with detailed decsriptions of what the change would entail... during which time people had plenty of time to plan ahead.
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:29 pm

Oh yeah.... if you had a type of armor that had dex in both the top and bottom, you WILL NOTICE that you have less AC now without the Dex from the bottom. As I said in a post somewhere, the stat bonuses on items are not being changed. You have the same "actual AC" as you did before, but you may have less AC total now that you don't have a dex modifier from your armor bottom.
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:52 pm

I messed up and had to delete everybody's armor today rather than next week. Because of this, everybody in the world has been granted an allowance of platinum based on their level to help them purchase new armor.

Also, everybody who logs in will find themselves in Dundee Town Square. If you need help moving around the world to buy new armor, contact an enchanter friend or wait for one of my sessions of portal spawning in Dundee.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly from now on.
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:11 pm

Characters who are not enchanters and are level >38 just got a little extra allowance because I miscalculated earlier. Anything else you are going to have to get from guildmates.

Also, a reminder that nobody's AC has "gone down". However, your DEX might have gone down, which could affect your total AC. However, if you have the same armor as you had before, it is the same AC as your top and bottom used to be combined.

A LOT more armor will be added in the coming weeks. I currently have a list of 24 armors I will be adding, and I am looking to add about 3 times that much in the weeks afterward. This change makes it a lot easier for me to diversify your choices in armor, but this WILL be a pain in the behind for a few weeks until the selection of armor grows. Be patient.

Heck, if you don't have patience, a text based game probably isn't your cup of tea anyways.
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:21 am

A total of 24 new armors for people levels 9 through 59 are coming in the next 5 days. =D Be merry and patient! Those who are not merry will be destroyed utterly amidst a rain of fire!!!!!!! :twisted:
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:59 am

As new armor is added, I will not be posting here for each addition... first of all, I like it when people just stumble upon stuff. Rewards those who continue to explore the world or notice new things in old places. Second, part of the purpose of this change was that it is easy to make armor now, so I will be adding it often and randomly, and I don't want to announce everytime I do it.

But there is new stuff in now. =) Just don't expect something here EVERYtime.
Ben

Return to “Game Changes and Worldbuilding”