New POWERS button, new SPELLS

This board will be posted to by Admin when changes are made to the World or to the Code. It is important to check this board at least once every few days to make sure you do not miss a new feature!
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

New POWERS button, new SPELLS

Postby Ben » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:45 am

Thanks to Cory's work today, there is a new link for clerics and enchanters in the toolbar on the right to select your own appraise screen. There, you can heal yourself and cast spells on yourself.

Now, you may be asking yourself... "why did that take all day and who cares?", especially if you are a warrior and rogue.

Well, now that he did that, he ALSO made another big change, which is technical and I don't feel like explaining, that will allow new spells to go in... spells that can do all kinds of things OTHER than just making a person or item stronger or weaker.

Now that this functionality is in, my work begins. I will be programming in a new series of spells tomorrow for upper level folks. Look here for details on that tomorrow ( Tuesday ), as I try to do my own stuff.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:59 pm

Image **goes to eat some yummy spiders**

Image **goes to hang out in the nice and toasty fire mountain**
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:09 pm

There are new spells in.

There are no new blessings in... yet.
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:30 pm

Interestingly, the spells don't actually work yet... unless you are an NPC. =\ Cory must have left some NPC check in there, and I can't find it...

so until he comes back and fixes that, you can just start trying to collect the new spells. They will appear in your spell list just fine... but for now, they don't do anything.
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:11 am

The bug is fixed, and spells should be fully functional.
Ben

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:36 pm

For the curious, there are currently THIRTEEN blue spells.
Ben

Return to “Game Changes and Worldbuilding”