Musical Instrument

This board will be posted to by Admin when changes are made to the World or to the Code. It is important to check this board at least once every few days to make sure you do not miss a new feature!
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Musical Instrument

Postby Ben » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:42 pm

There is a musical instrument available in Valorn now, called a Zither. It is a stringed instrument that is to be plucked while singing or reciting poetry.

Do to the possible annoyingness of such a device, you must apply to receive one... or, in RP speak,

"Music is a gift handed down by the gods to the people of Valorn so that they might experience a bit of the beauty of the gods realm within the mortal realm. Especially talented musicians and poets may be gifted a Zither at the gods ever-mysterious whim."

If you are a musician or poet (of DARK GRIMOIRE material, of course), and believe you deserve a Zither of your own, send me a PM on the boards here with

1) your character's name who is the poet or musician
2) your character number
3) links to examples of your poetry or music

People who have music written will automatically get a Zither. People who are PROLIFIC poets will also get a Zither. There may be questing involved, or there may not be.

Please do not write me unless you actually have a song or a lot of poetry links to send me. =) Hopefully this will allow the instrument to get to those who will actually use one in RPing a poet/musician, and keep the things out of the hands of those who would start heavy metal bands......

PLEASE NOTE that regardless if I decide to give you a Zither or not, you will NOT receive a response from me because of how busy I am... besides getting an actual Zither if you are chosen, of course. Do not bug me... I assure you I got your message. ;)
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:32 pm

Just to be clear about this...

this is meant to reward people who SHARE their music or poetry with others through the Roleplaying forums or, even better, their very own DG sites, linked to via our LINKS page. Sending me poetry or music that you have not shared with the community does not count.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Return to “Game Changes and Worldbuilding”