Rogue Dagger

This board will be posted to by Admin when changes are made to the World or to the Code. It is important to check this board at least once every few days to make sure you do not miss a new feature!
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Rogue Dagger

Postby Ben » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:24 pm

I just noticed that rogues can, apparently, slash over and over with thier daggers. This seems to be used (abused) a lot... I had no idea.

Therfor, there will be a change going in. The dagger will now be like the cleric's ring and will only have so many uses per hour.

Please report things like this in the future. I'd probably be sorta mad now, but my Huskers are kicking some butt.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:34 pm

Anyways, I probably wouldn't have known about this, but I was trying to start up a quest and I see...

[character] slashes out with his dagger, dripping with poison!

So anyways, thats what I'm talking about. This is not good because you can basically just make a big critter a teeny tiny wimpy critter without any real danger to yourself. That is unbalancing and unintentional on our parts... a result of several game changes that made this possible.

Until the problem gets fixed, it is now considered a BUG, and people caught using this method will be treated as people exploiting a bug. Which, as the rules say, is bad.
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:34 pm

Change should be done. The dagger actually works like the enchanter staff now... there is a certain amount of poison (charges) in it when you buy it. When the poison runs out, you will have to buy a new dagger.

Feel free to slash at will now... just know it will be costing you $$$. Please report any bugs, such as the dagger not working as described above, immediately.
Ben

Return to “Game Changes and Worldbuilding”