Titles

This board will be posted to by Admin when changes are made to the World or to the Code. It is important to check this board at least once every few days to make sure you do not miss a new feature!
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Titles

Postby Ben » Tue May 25, 2004 7:21 am

I don't know what happened to cause this recently, but I have gotten tons of messages asking for titles.

Titles are given out for:

1) being premium

2) being on the top 10 stature list

3) doing something in-game that is noticed.

Asking for a title will never get you one, and will probably lessen your chances of #3 happening. Personal titles are given out on a whim... but always on the Admins' whims. There is also the chance that you will do something great when nobody is watching. You just have to keep trying.

Those people who have custom titles have contributed to the game in a way that got noticed by the admins, and never asked for their custom title. If you play here long enough and are lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time, doing just the right thing... you might get one, too.

Some examples:

There was an invasion in Branishor one day, and Shena teleported there to try to fight them. They turned out to be level 35, and so she basically got smushed. She popped into Dundee square, said something about "wow, I have no chance against those guys!" and immediately teleported back to Branishor and got killed again. I happened to see all this, and it made me laugh, so she got a title.

Ceredwin spends the majority of her time just standing around town square talking to people and giving directions. After she had been in the game for two weeks doing this, I just randomly named her "Deputy Mayor of Dundee" one day as I was passing through and she was standing there AGAIN.

Eldrin runs around acting like a pirate... so I gave him the title Captain to reward his roleplaying.

See? You can be doing anything at anytime and it MIGHT be the basis of getting a title. So, the answer to "what can I do to get a title?" is...

play the game. =)
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Return to “Game Changes and Worldbuilding”