Treasure Boxes

This board will be posted to by Admin when changes are made to the World or to the Code. It is important to check this board at least once every few days to make sure you do not miss a new feature!
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Treasure Boxes

Postby Ben » Mon May 24, 2004 4:05 am

There are now TREASURE BOXES in the game. These are dropped randomly and VERY rarely by any monster in the game. Some monsters are slightly more likely to drop one, however. If the monster you kill has one, the treasure box will drop along with whatever normal loot the monster normally drops.... so don't worry about treasure boxes getting in the way of boss monster special loot.

The treasure boxes are locked, and will require the help of a Rogue to lockpick them open. Opening a treasure box costs a lockpick EVEN for premium rogues. Picking doors is still free for rogues.

For a rogue, opening the treasure is easy... just go somewhere, drop the box, click the box, and hit USE.

If you are something else, you will have to take a rogue with you somewhere private. When the rogue opens the box, ANYBODY can pick up the item... so you will have to make sure to open your secret treasures in private.

Right now, treasure boxes only have normal items, although most of those items can be sold for much platinum. However, I will start making special items, weapons, armor and other things that are ONLY available through treasure boxes in the future.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Mon May 24, 2004 4:10 am

I should say this again... it will be VERY RARE to get a treasure box. =) I think maybe three - five people will find one each day.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Return to “Game Changes and Worldbuilding”