Release 1.10.0

This board will be posted to by Admin when changes are made to the World or to the Code. It is important to check this board at least once every few days to make sure you do not miss a new feature!
Coder of Admin
'Rifterian

Release 1.10.0

Postby Coder of Admin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:36 am

We have deployed the following changes

Chat
  • Maximum character length is 350
  • The text input is larger (50% the width of the chat box)
  • Chat refresh is faster (10 instead of 30 seconds)
Considerations
  • Names and images will be missing from chat for about 10 minutes
  • Some heavy optimisation was done to the chat queries to ensure there is plenty of room to scale now that the refresh time has been reduced. While every different type of chat message I would think of was tested, there may be edge cases that need to be adjusted for.
  • The text field will appear shorter on may mobile devices but usually the text field would not be seen in its entirety once focused on these devices. Should it cause an issue on your device, please let us know.

Costumes
  • You no longer need to activate costume items twice to use them.
  • When you deactivate a costume, your previous image will be replaced. Should you get a little fancy and switch between multiple costumes, it will always be your original image that is replaced.
  • At the end of the Fall Festival, your original image will replace your costume.
Considerations
  • This can only apply to characters who put on a costume from now, it is not retroactive

Misc
  • An issue with "backwards" genders in chat messages for some item scripts was fixed

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Re: Release 1.10.0

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:47 am

Chat won't show in game or guild chat on my device. The emotes show. I have iPhone 5s on Google chrome and safari. Neither works. Is this because chat has our images by it which you said wont show a while ?

Edit - It's happening to other mobile Users
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Coder of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Coder of Admin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Ellyana Lilli wrote:Chat won't show in game or guild chat on my device. The emotes show. I have iPhone 5s on Google chrome and safari. Neither works. Is this because chat has our images by it which you said wont show a while ?

Edit - It's happening to other mobile Users

You just mean in the regular chat window in the movement screen?
I've tested that set up without issue but you did post inside of the 10 minutes... is it still happening?

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:51 pm

Yes. It is still happening. Chat in normal chat windows of game and GC vanishes without showing up. Only emotes work. :(
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero

Ellyana - 118743

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:53 pm

I tested this on my computer and chat works fine. But from my phone I can only emote. Same as Ellyana is reporting.

Edited to add that I just tested so outside the 10 minutes window. :)

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:57 pm

I just tested again and it seems to work! Yaaaay! I was having stress headaches. Thanks for fixing :P

Ellyana - 118743

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:46 pm

I did a basic little test of say/emote as well as those for guild chat and things are working for me. Looking forward to putting the extra room to good use. Thanks!

Kade Fallingstar
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kade Fallingstar » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:40 pm

Thank you for the hard work Coder :) I'm really liking the changes to equipping and unequipping the costumes.
When I take the time to cook someone a nice meal, all I ask for is a simple "Thank you".
Not all this "how did you get into my house" business.

Character ID# 190151

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:01 pm

I love the changes, thank you Coder. I wanted to point out something I notice on my mobile device since the changes.

When the screen refreshes (every 10 seconds now) it jumps the cursor out of the chat box and that's a bit frustrating in the middle of typing. Then having to scroll around to get back to the end where you were when the curser bounced off is a bit jumpy too. This happens on all of the mobile iphone browsers I've tried so far. Chrome, Dolphin, B-line, Mercury. Safari seems most stable, but it still sometimes happens as opposed to always happening on the other browsers.

I'm not sure there is anything that can be done. Just wanted to let you know this for when working on the mobile DG and such.

Ellyana - 118743

Coder of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Coder of Admin » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:56 am

Ellyana Lilli wrote:I love the changes, thank you Coder. I wanted to point out something I notice on my mobile device since the changes.

When the screen refreshes (every 10 seconds now) it jumps the cursor out of the chat box and that's a bit frustrating in the middle of typing. Then having to scroll around to get back to the end where you were when the curser bounced off is a bit jumpy too. This happens on all of the mobile iphone browsers I've tried so far. Chrome, Dolphin, B-line, Mercury. Safari seems most stable, but it still sometimes happens as opposed to always happening on the other browsers.

I'm not sure there is anything that can be done. Just wanted to let you know this for when working on the mobile DG and such.

I have seen this behaviour on iOS8 when not using Safari. Seems fine on Android and non-mobile devices.
The annoying thing is it is a bug in the browsers since the outer page isn't being refreshed and so there is no reason for the field to lose focus. Even more odd given that Chrome on iOS uses Apple's Webkit engine.

Can you confirm you are using iOS8?

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:03 am

Coder of Admin wrote:
Ellyana Lilli wrote:I love the changes, thank you Coder. I wanted to point out something I notice on my mobile device since the changes.

I have seen this behaviour on iOS8 when not using Safari. Seems fine on Android and non-mobile devices.
The annoying thing is it is a bug in the browsers since the outer page isn't being refreshed and so there is no reason for the field to lose focus. Even more odd given that Chrome on iOS uses Apple's Webkit engine.

Can you confirm you are using iOS8?

Yep. The current 8.1 and I am not liking it. I wish I could roll back to the last iOS7. I did not even bother with 8 because so many disliked it, until 8.1 came out and I fell into the trap. =/

Ellyana - 118743

Coder of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Coder of Admin » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:52 am

Ellyana Lilli wrote:Yep. The current 8.1 and I am not liking it. I wish I could roll back to the last iOS7. I did not even bother with 8 because so many disliked it, until 8.1 came out and I fell into the trap. =/

Wish I could hand back Yosemite — what a buggy middle finger to everything gorgeous in this world. I upgraded on the basis that I'm expecting to really love Continuity but the iPhone 6 is so underwhelming that I'll hang out for a bit.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Coder of Admin wrote:
Ellyana Lilli wrote:Yep. The current 8.1 and I am not liking it. I wish I could roll back to the last iOS7. I did not even bother with 8 because so many disliked it, until 8.1 came out and I fell into the trap. =/

Wish I could hand back Yosemite — what a buggy middle finger to everything gorgeous in this world. I upgraded on the basis that I'm expecting to really love Continuity but the iPhone 6 is so underwhelming that I'll hang out for a bit.

How is it Apple can keep getting away with releasing buggy messed up operating systems? My wifi used to be really fast on the last iOS and now it is slower then a slug. And the 8.1 was supposed to fix that, but nooooope. I honestly don't even understand what about iOS 8 could be messing up the wifi. :x

Ellyana - 118743

Coder of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Coder of Admin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:09 am

Ellyana Lilli wrote:How is it Apple can keep getting away with releasing buggy messed up operating systems? My wifi used to be really fast on the last iOS and now it is slower then a slug. And the 8.1 was supposed to fix that, but nooooope. I honestly don't even understand what about iOS 8 could be messing up the wifi. :x

Have you used the alternative?
Without competition and an uncompromising leader there is a lack of desire to do better.

I love my Android but it is no where near as polished as an iPhone.
I regularly use Windows to test websites in Internet Explorer and, well, I shouldn't need to explain the issues there.

Despite my carry on, Apple still make the best products in the industry in the same way Adobe lead their field while still frustrating me to no ends.

Return to “Game Changes and Worldbuilding”