Hello World

This board will be posted to by Admin when changes are made to the World or to the Code. It is important to check this board at least once every few days to make sure you do not miss a new feature!
Coder of Admin
'Rifterian

Hello World

Postby Coder of Admin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:16 am

After countless hours in the shadows cast by LED backlight, I thought it might be time to pop my head up and tease a little.

While I've been exceptionally quiet, it isn't out of disinterest or some perverted voyeurism (why would you even think that?); rather the DG development team has been working tirelessly to review every line of code, database table, button, and interaction.

To date we have already written 80,000 new lines of code and I expect to reach 4 or 5 times that number over the next month or two. But more important than an arbitrary number of lines, the core is being modernised and modularised to create opportunity for swift construction of new features. We have some pretty exciting items in the to-do list that we are anxious to bring you once the scaffold is complete.

We feel quite privileged that Miranda has given us the opportunity to join your community. I've been amazed by the strength, dedication, and diversity of Trinaldians and hope we can help the Gods turn their crazy ideas into stimulating new adventures.

Rather than hit you with all of our work at once, we'd like to start seeding out some of the background changes so they can be tested in isolation. Given the fundamental nature of those changes, some will require small amounts of maintenance time. So, I figure there is no better way to celebrate my ever increasing age than to release the first of these updates. I expect we will need about 30 minutes of downtime at 00:00 UTC on Thursday 31 July (check out your local time).

What we are hoping to see is a reduction in the lag that occurs on the top of the hour. We will be looking for feedback from everyone in the week following the release. Ultimately, we care far more about how the game feels for you than what all our fancy stats, widgets, and dashboards tell us; so please share.

Kade Fallingstar
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Hello World

Postby Kade Fallingstar » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:41 am

Both glad and lucky to have you here! Thanks for straining your eyes to what must surely be near blindness under that LED for us poor mortals :)
When I take the time to cook someone a nice meal, all I ask for is a simple "Thank you".
Not all this "how did you get into my house" business.

Character ID# 190151

Return to “Game Changes and Worldbuilding”