Prayer Books

This board will be posted to by Admin when changes are made to the World or to the Code. It is important to check this board at least once every few days to make sure you do not miss a new feature!
Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Prayer Books

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:47 pm

If you have been lucky enough to get a prayer book as a thank you for rescuing your High Queen a cycle or so ago, please do not lose it. Cordelia will be making sure that those who attended the assault but could not be at the Caer last night will get their copy.

I have seen some queries about what it does, as the description is a little vague. Look away now if you wish, as there about to be spoilers.

When you first use the prayer book, you use its one charge. Your max deaths before being stuck at a LM will go up to FOUR. This will be a permanent change, it does not wear off. *pauses for the cheering to subside* After that, you can use it for rp purposes.

Here's the lovely part. If you are active, cooperative, respond well to the Queen and the Iron Order, fight for Valorn on a regular basis and so on (in other words genuinely deserve it) a passing god or goddess might (on very rare occasions) recharge your prayer book. This would mean the next time you used it, you would go up to five max deaths... permanently. The next, six... and so on.

I know it's not a shiny weapon, or a title. But I wanted to create something unusual, useful, and a true reward for risking your lives to save Cordelia. I hope it meets with approval now that you fully understand what it does.

M.

Return to “Game Changes and Worldbuilding”