not possible to make more than one post in chat

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Valina Ravenclaw
Adventurer

not possible to make more than one post in chat

Postby Valina Ravenclaw » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:07 pm

I found that I can't make more than one post in chat. Let me elaborate: I type something, hit return, it gets displayed in chat. I hit clear, type something else, hit return, and nothing.

I did find out that refreshing the page, or going to inventory or messages and back, solves the problem insofar as I can make another post. But the problem remains that the mere use of the clear button does not enableme to make a second posting.

This is really annoying in a conversation, I take too long to type a response even without this, so you can imagine how this seriously affects me.

I was seriously considering to post this under suggestions rather than bugs, as I made some tests and found out it is not a fault of DG code, but must be related to the latest firefox update: the same occurs with the search masks on wikipedia or google, where using the "back" button of the browser brings me back to the search page, but the new querry is not started by pressing return; instead, I have to refresh or enter the URL a second time to be able to make a new entry.

I dunno how difficult it would be to fix this, or if it can be fixed at all, but I figured that I won't find out if I don't ask.

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Sounds more like a local problem rather than a firefox one, since everything's working fine over here. What happens when you don't hit Clear, but manually remove the text from the chat bar?

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Valina Ravenclaw
Adventurer

Postby Valina Ravenclaw » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:00 pm

Manula clearing has the same result. In effect, I only get to make one post per loading of the page.

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:17 pm

Have you done the whole clearing cache thing?
I usually hit alt+M when I am chatting in FF anyway... to refresh the chat from the other players faster, instead of using clear. Or I just use IE to chat.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Return to “Bug Reports”