Guildhall Prevention (Half the Guild is Stuck)

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Guildhall Prevention (Half the Guild is Stuck)

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:03 pm

Guildhall Prevention

Hello worldbuilders! Over at The Learned we have an issue. The Avenue was turned “Leader Onlyâ€
Last edited by Ellyana Lilli on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:14 pm

While highly entertaining.. thats not a bug. Perhaps you should email the worldbuilders and beg for mercy?
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:17 pm

Is that what I need to do? It was an accident and no need to mention names, as ambassador I am here to try and fix it, as people from the guild and not from the guild are stuck inside right now and some have no idea they are stuck yet. *sighs* I am angry as it is, no need to rub salt in the wounds.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero

Ellyana - 118743

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:18 pm

Sorry, this may be really obvious, but why doesn't the leader just go and change the settings?

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:20 pm

I like your avatar, Fleur. :)

I think she tried, but can not, or this wouldnt be an issue. She has to be in the room to do that, and she is not.

Ellyana - 118743

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:25 pm

Thank you.

So the leader can't get back into the room at all? Or can't change the settings when back in there? Because if they can get in but can't change it, then maybe they've a very low level of guild points?

If not... here is a previous report. http://www.darkgrimoire.com/bb/viewtopi ... stuck+hall
I would email as Raffe suggests, as well, and hopefully it might be fixed.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:28 pm

I can not read that from work, as it is linked to the old server and I can only see cluster here.

They can not get back in, sadly. Might be fixed? There are people stuck inside that have done nothing wrong who donate time and money to play this wonderful game that I do not think should have to pay for others mistakes, and it was just that, a mistake. :(

Ellyana - 118743

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:32 pm

Well, I can't really speak for admin so I was being circumspect. I'm sure they won't perish in there unrescued, one way or another.

And the thread was a report from the CSB of the same thing. It was resolved eventually, though it's a bit unclear how.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:36 pm

Thank you very much, sweet lady Fleur. :)

I will email admin, just incase, as suggested. I have been told that it has happened a few times (as you suggest from that thread with the Bunnies) and it has been sorted each time. Thank you kindly.

Ellyana - 118743

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:37 pm

Oh yes, one of our rooms become...unavailable. We couldn't access it. We reported it and eventually it was opened again.

I'm sure admin will fix the problem once they see it; just tell your members to keep calm and all that.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:39 pm

I will, Azure. Thank you. Sadly, it isnt just learned members stuck inside! *laughs nervously* :oops:

Ellyana - 118743

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:51 pm

If you don't think they'll see the funny side, don't let them out.

.. Just kidding. :wink:

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:54 pm

Oh! I think they will see the funny side, heck I do, too, but I also see the side that stinks being stuck in one place for a period of time not being able to move about and not having a tele on you! **laughs** :lol:

Ellyana - 118743

Doyle
Social Leech

Postby Doyle » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:03 pm

Don't see why being stuck in one place is a problem, might make for a good oppertunity for interaction between the people that are there.

Sreip
Veteran

Postby Sreip » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:27 pm

The CSB room was weirdly locked that way for a good long while. Since another guild hall is experiencing a similar problem, maybe there's a bug with changing the room settings to "Guild Leader Only".

If the Learned has any members in the locked room, the leader, (Bebhinn I believe), could change the entire guild hall edit access setting to guild members only. Then a member from within the room can change the access of that particular room from Leader Only to Public. After it's fixed, Bebhinn can change the edit access level back to leader only.

But if this "locked" room is a passageway, with people on the other side and noone inside the actual locked room, then they would have to be patient for admin.
"... who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." -Roosevelt

Sreip Enudreklaw #55234

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:36 pm

Sreip, that idea is wonderful, unfortunately it is the first room locked. So no-one can enter or exit as they have to pass through that room. :oops:

Ellyana - 118743

purazon
Social Leech

Postby purazon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm

well, I'd say,.... what an excellent opportunity to roleplay... Not only can everybody in the room roleplay about the door being shut, the guild gates being closed or whatever,.... it's an excellent opportunity for the characters to develop a new character trait.... claustrophobia comes to mind. :wink:
Purazon 12387

Today is yesterday's tomorrow. Enjoy it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.
Trinaldian Archives - Library

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:44 pm

purazon wrote:well, I'd say,.... what an excellent opportunity to roleplay... Not only can everybody in the room roleplay about the door being shut, the guild gates being closed or whatever,.... it's an excellent opportunity for the characters to develop a new character trait.... claustrophobia comes to mind. :wink:

I am sooo glad that I am not stuck, as I am very claustrophobic! 8O
That is all great, you know, the idea to RP in the room but thing is the timezone differences are vast for the people I know stuck in there, so they might not get to be on together much at all. Plus people are stuck in seperate rooms. Maybe we should hsave padded the walls when designing! :wink:

Ellyana - 118743

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:57 pm

*peeps her head round the door*

Oooohhh I'm in so much trouble when they all wake up :(

Thanks to everyone for their ideas *kneels down outside the Guildhall gates and prays to Ben and Cory*

Bebhinn
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Shannara
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Shannara » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:21 pm

A good time to get to know your guild hall and guild mates. :wink:
It's funnier now that I get it

Return to “Bug Reports”