Possible bug to a certain Quest ?

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
ansalan
Experienced Adventurer

Possible bug to a certain Quest ?

Postby ansalan » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:15 pm

There is a level 53 quest that is performed with the specific use of an item of light to get something beneath a certain inn .

Some have discovered that it is possible with the combined efforts of a group of level 62 adventurers that this item can be bypassed and the demons defeated through brute force of attacks...

We are not sure if it is a bug but on behalf of these Adventurers that have proven the theory correct we list it for the gods in this forum .

Nyten Owelle
http://cluster.darkgrimoire.com/showcha ... har=107491

Euclide
http://cluster.darkgrimoire.com/showcha ... har=122005

Zortek
http://cluster.darkgrimoire.com/cshow91196.html

Gael Darksoul
http://cluster.darkgrimoire.com/cshow62797.html

Bella Anna
http://cluster.darkgrimoire.com/cshow59566.html

These 5 will attest that it is possible to get pass the demons without use of the scepter.

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:37 pm

I think it's just the fighting thingy(not even going to attempt to use sensible term because I'll look more of a fool) because it's possible to kill something even if you don't do any damage. Exhaustion, is often the reason given as to why they die.
Will see if there's be something on it before, there should be.

ansalan
Experienced Adventurer

Postby ansalan » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:52 pm

Yes it can be killed by fighting,and yes it does not take any damage, you must already know something of what I am referring cause i did not mention that before , but that is not the point .

The point of reporting it is that there is a specific item used in this quest.Which is being bypassed now. The reason I reported it as a bug was to help bring the question before the gods.

I am confused as to what you are seaching for ?

I see no benefit that can be gained by expending so much time,if as you say it is beaten by fair combat ?

But if you think you will help I thank you for going through any effort to help make this matter clearer to me .

You should be commended for your effort of searching so diligently I hope others appreciate your effort as much as me, once again thank you.

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:59 am

I knew there was a similar post. Click

I think, that it's just something to do with the combat. After X amount of "rounds" the system just makes the creature die rather than having the fight go on forever. Just like quickfighting stops after 20 "rounds"/exchanges and you have to click it again(if you haven't died).

If that makes no sense, I apologize. Of course, if I am wrong I apologize as well.
And I agree Ansalan, perhaps I should get a reward. Admin pay and premium privileges (when the premium has been payed) sounds fair to me. =)

Jade Silvermoon
Adventurer

Postby Jade Silvermoon » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:13 am

I did not know that could be done like that Ans..Strange

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:18 pm

It kinda seems like a bug would something that is broken with the game, this is more like.. um.. an exploit of the game mechanics, that you just told everyone about. perhaps an email to admin might have been a wiser choice?
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:29 pm

As we're concentrating on the fact you don't have to use an item, that has always been possible.

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:49 pm

When this area first became open to adventurers the item in question was not around.

At that time people piled down the hole in droves, and many of the beasts were defeated over a period of a week or so of constant fighting them from several high level adventurers.

I don't know if anyone managed to actually get to the bottom of the whole without the item at that time, but the beasts are definitely capable of dying by conventional means, it's just very difficult.

If you have to get this many level 62 adventurers together to get down there, then it seems that difficultly remains and it's not really a bug... Just a slight waste of your potions and of people's time if you could have simply got the item required instead.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:42 pm

No, its actually okay for a group to take that particular thing down. The only things that, if beaten, would constitute a "bug" are Balthazar (who will only be defeated when/if the storyline says he should be), and a certain other monster character that is blocking a different certain hallway... he IS NOT supposed to be killed in any way, so if you find people who are dealing a significant amount of damage to him, that is exploit/bug material. =)

The demons you speak of may be taken down in a variety of ways.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:15 am

Ben wrote:No, its actually okay for a group to take that particular thing down.

I assume you mean through 'conventional' means (ie: dealing enough damage to kill it) though? I just watched some people take it down, noticing they don't deal any actual damage to the thing. It just dies after a while. Is that really supposed to be possible?

Adding an image to show what happened. Don't click the following link if you don't want spoilers, etc etc.

http://www.dgplayers.net/bug.png

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Return to “Bug Reports”