Continued Lag

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Continued Lag

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Mon May 21, 2007 9:39 pm

I am not sure if "lag" is truly considered a bug, but it has been pretty bad (on both servers) for days now, and lag will only get worse as more sign up to play.

So my question is, I am wondering if you guys do a sweep...something such as delete any inactive characters, say under level15, every 6 months or so to help keep the servers/database as tidy as possible? Am just wondering. :)

Thank you.

Elly
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Randomzero
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Randomzero » Tue May 22, 2007 8:56 am

just for informative purposes here, inactive accounts and characters will not affect server load, so there is no reason to delete them (this has been stated by cory in the past if i remember correctly). and also, 'lag' tends to be a personal issue, connected with ISP's (your internet provider for those of you not versed in internet acronyms). Personally the only lag i experience worthy of any real attention is the 'marc' lag, and thats pretty universal to my knowledge.

hope that helps a bit.
im not ok, your not ok, but thats ok

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Tue May 22, 2007 11:39 am

Randomzero wrote:just for informative purposes here, inactive accounts and characters will not affect server load, so there is no reason to delete them (this has been stated by cory in the past if i remember correctly). and also, 'lag' tends to be a personal issue, connected with ISP's (your internet provider for those of you not versed in internet acronyms). Personally the only lag i experience worthy of any real attention is the 'marc' lag, and thats pretty universal to my knowledge.

hope that helps a bit.

great about inactives, booo about lag. I have FIOS connection and it is lightening fast for all other sites, and the lag did not get worse (beyond nornal lag I am aware of) until the second server with 3 haggies went up. Now if only all 3 haggies worked! LOL! **smiles**

Laggy wont stop me from playing. :)

Thanks though!
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero

Ellyana - 118743

WhatTheCatDraggedIn
New Adventurer

Postby WhatTheCatDraggedIn » Wed May 30, 2007 1:26 pm

hmm yes *nods* i normally have no lag trouble but this past week the lag on dg has been pretty bad even for my server, yet like others, i only get the lag when playing dg *frowns* odd..
Valkaryie 81095 says..May the gods of light shine upon us all..

Jade Silvermoon
Adventurer

Postby Jade Silvermoon » Wed May 30, 2007 10:54 pm

I have been getting a lot more lag lately as well. It is so hard for Carmela to try and bless someone or Polgara to enchant.......I hope you can do something

Sephoroth
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Sephoroth » Wed May 30, 2007 11:06 pm

Same has been happening for me in terms of the lag. I myself am using (I assume to be Verizon) DSL, have no trouble on other sites as the others before had mentioned.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:48 pm

I am sorry to say again, but the lag is terrible lately. Its as if we are walking through mud to move around 85% of the time. The chat screens go white for a while as well, and people are talking that arent even there...odd things are happening 'round here. Is there more world building going on? :)

Ellyana - 118743

Return to “Bug Reports”