haggie - is he there or not?

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
mojo the beer god
New Adventurer

haggie - is he there or not?

Postby mojo the beer god » Fri May 18, 2007 9:49 am

I tried to click on Haggie to sell him some trinkets. His avatar is there, but when I click on him, i get the message that 'this merchant appears to have moved'. I've tried leaving the space and returning. His avatar is still there, but I can't access his buy/sell screen.

May 18 - 5:45amEST. one square north of the docks, I think...

Edited - 5:55am - found another Haggie on Guild Avenue. This one let me sell some stuff.

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Fri May 18, 2007 11:47 am

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Fri May 18, 2007 5:32 pm

Mojo, what happens to me sometimes if I am in an area for awhile... and I dont refresh the movement screen the icons remain after people leave- same with npcs. They move on, but the picture remains until I refresh. You can still click on them, but you cant interact with them because they arent technically still in the area. Next time try refreshing to make sure the merchant hasnt moved on first. It may not be a bug and just your browser hanging on to the avatar.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

AguaVerde
Adventurer

Postby AguaVerde » Sat May 19, 2007 2:36 pm

I believe it was an actual bug in this case. I ran back and forth to the different spots where Haggie was several times and even came back later and the ghost one was still there. I believe it has since been fixed.

But yes, refreshing your screen is always a good idea. Saves you from chatting with someone who has lost since wandered off. ;)

Fenix
New Adventurer

Postby Fenix » Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 pm

It is a bug, and as of 6:13 Central time its still bugged. I walked around Bran with haggies link and no wheres could I find him. So i dunno, haggie is caught in some mysterious space.
"I fear no enemy! For the Khala is my strength! I fear not death. For our strength is eternal!" - Fenix

mojo the beer god
New Adventurer

Postby mojo the beer god » Sun May 20, 2007 1:25 am

Nope. Haggie's there, he's just in two places at the same time. 9:22pm EST Haggie was in Holy Smithy. His 'ghost' was one square east in Holy Square.

Interestingly, both time's I've noticed this bug, the same person was with the 'ghost'. Bower was there both times. **shrugs** I'm not accusing Bower of causing the bug, but it's funny that he and I (we also share an avatar) both were there both times... Tonight, Luke was also there (he also shares the same avatar...I didn't realize how many people wanted to be like me! **laughs**)

Jade Silvermoon
Adventurer

Postby Jade Silvermoon » Tue May 22, 2007 11:42 am

Ok i just walked Branishor 6 times and there is only one Haggie, but he is not really there ...He is just east of the Residential Road:( The second one just appeared South of the ghost Haggie.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Tue May 22, 2007 2:34 pm

As of last night, there were two Haggies and one of them worked and the other did not.

As of this morning, there are still two distinct Haggies but both of them say "this person appears to have moved."

Topaz

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sat May 26, 2007 2:32 pm

Gemstone wrote:As of last night, there were two Haggies and one of them worked and the other did not.

As of this morning, there are still two distinct Haggies but both of them say "this person appears to have moved."

Topaz

Yes. Yes this is happening right now and it is very bad. **sighs**
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Amzer
New Adventurer

Postby Amzer » Sat May 26, 2007 4:29 pm

same here, I found three in total yesterday. More haggie for all! :D
Can i interest you in a donation to the rogues benevolent fund?

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sat May 26, 2007 8:26 pm

Amzer wrote:same here, I found three in total yesterday. More haggie for all! :D

Which would be great if they worked, but I am working way to hard to level and earn my plat for 3 haggies to not work.
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero

Ellyana - 118743

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sat May 26, 2007 8:32 pm

~Ellyana Lilly~ wrote:
Amzer wrote:same here, I found three in total yesterday. More haggie for all! :D

Which would be great if they worked, but I am working way to hard to level and earn my plat for 3 haggies to not work.

Don't work so hard then ;)

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Viktor Blackheart
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Viktor Blackheart » Sat May 26, 2007 8:33 pm

There're other merchants you can sell too.. work around this problem.

No doubt the admin will have it fixed, soon enough.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sun May 27, 2007 1:27 am

Viktor Blackheart wrote:There're other merchants you can sell too.. work around this problem.

No doubt the admin will have it fixed, soon enough.

yes, agreed about the other merchants. I just like haggie. Yepp. :lol:

Ellyana - 118743

Nya Lyn
New Adventurer

Postby Nya Lyn » Thu May 31, 2007 8:30 am

Yes, im getting thid promlem to with Haggie, every time i click on him, it says "this merchant has appeared to have moved while you were shopping" although he is clearly in front of me..
The Learned

Return to “Bug Reports”