Fighting

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
asrai
Adventurer

Fighting

Postby asrai » Thu May 17, 2007 5:45 pm

I have been using the new server today and while fighting Malignant Horrors the wording that shows the battle has been acting up.

It will put Malignant Horror takes **** points of damage from ****** attack, deflecting ****
Malignant Horror takes **** points of damage from ***** attack, deflecting ****

But it does not show where I took any damage and where I deflected any.

Then it sent me south twice and double spawned..even though I only moved south once.

It said you have moved south
you have moved south

Then another kill gave me plat twice and said I had killed the Maliganat Horror twice. It did NOT give xp twice though.

I did not want to copy paste anything due spoilers so I have removed the damage and deflects just to be on the safe side. I also removed the name because it was not Asrai I was playing.

asrai
Adventurer

Postby asrai » Thu May 17, 2007 8:12 pm

I have just now recieved 2 seperate experiences for killing one monster.

asrai
Adventurer

Postby asrai » Fri May 18, 2007 6:10 pm

was killing in the desert, killed a guardian and it dropped 2 dull cyrstals

added: And no, someone did not drop one on the ground. I was the only one in the area when it happened and had been for at least 5 minutes.

asrai
Adventurer

Postby asrai » Sat May 19, 2007 1:04 am

ok...I just killed a guardian and the screen froze. I thought I had not clicked the "quick kill" button I hit it twice more. 3 dulls dropped because of it.

janelle
New Adventurer

fighting

Postby janelle » Sat May 19, 2007 1:12 am

Occassionally, when just finishing a kill, it will list that two creatures have been killed instead of one and give extra experience for the non existent kill. There is also an extra dropped item ie two animal control collars instead of one. This happened tonight, 18th May, to Honey LaFey Character number 132730. thank you

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sat May 19, 2007 6:07 pm

I just had a similar situation, only quick fought 1 spider and this was the combat script thingy

Demon Spider has been defeated!
Demon Spider has been defeated!
You recieve 0 experience as Demon Spider dies
You have gained 3g 50s for defeating Demon Spider
You recieve 0 experience as Demon Spider dies
You have gained 3g 50s for defeating Demon Spider
Demon Spider takes 3832 points of damage from Iron Knight Hojo Musachi 's attack, deflecting 981
Demon Spider takes 3882 points of damage from Iron Knight Hojo Musachi 's attack, deflecting 962
Iron Knight Hojo Musachi takes no damage and deflects 2140 damage from Demon Spider
Iron Knight Hojo Musachi takes no damage and deflects 2065 damage from Demon Spider
Demon Spider takes 4311 points of damage from Iron Knight Hojo Musachi 's attack, deflecting 964
Demon Spider takes 4006 points of damage from Iron Knight Hojo Musachi 's attack, deflecting 1009
Iron Knight Hojo Musachi takes no damage and deflects 2260 damage from Demon Spider
Iron Knight Hojo Musachi takes no damage and deflects 1902 damage from Demon Spider
Demon Spider takes 3285 points of damage from Iron Knight Hojo Musachi 's attack, deflecting 996
Demon Spider takes 4266 points of damage from Iron Knight Hojo Musachi 's attack, deflecting 1028
Iron Knight Hojo Musachi takes no damage and deflects 2084 damage from Demon Spider
Iron Knight Hojo Musachi takes no damage and deflects 2346 damage from Demon Spider
Demon Spider takes 3761 points of damage from Iron Knight Hojo Musachi 's attack, deflecting 995
Iron Knight Hojo Musachi takes no damage and deflects 2110 damage from Demon Spider

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

asrai
Adventurer

Postby asrai » Sat May 19, 2007 7:25 pm

Yes, what Hojo has posted is just like the troubles I have seen. But where he got 0 experience I got two seperate experiance amounts.

Fenix
New Adventurer

Postby Fenix » Sat May 19, 2007 11:15 pm

Same problem here
"I fear no enemy! For the Khala is my strength! I fear not death. For our strength is eternal!" - Fenix

Fenix
New Adventurer

Postby Fenix » Sat May 19, 2007 11:41 pm

Demon Spider Guard has been defeated!
You recieve 0 experience as Demon Spider Guard dies
You have gained 1g 22s for defeating Demon Spider Guard
Demon Spider Guard takes 4492 points of damage from Fenix 's attack, deflecting 1075
Demon Spider Guard takes 3554 points of damage from Fenix 's attack, deflecting 1088
Demon Spider Guard takes 3754 points of damage from Fenix 's attack, deflecting 1099
Fenix takes no damage and deflects 2747 damage from Demon Spider Guard
Fenix takes no damage and deflects 2165 damage from Demon Spider Guard
Demon Spider Guard takes 3586 points of damage from Fenix 's attack, deflecting 1094
Fenix takes no damage and deflects 2159 damage from Demon Spider Guard
Demon Spider Guard takes 4113 points of damage from Fenix 's attack, deflecting 1135
Fenix takes no damage and deflects 2781 damage from Demon Spider Guard
Demon Spider Guard takes 4212 points of damage from Fenix 's attack, deflecting 1151
Fenix takes no damage and deflects 2228 damage from Demon Spider Guard
Demon Spider Guard takes 3872 points of damage from Fenix 's attack, deflecting 1137
Fenix takes no damage and deflects 2210 damage from Demon Spider Guard
Fenix takes no damage and deflects 2702 damage from Demon Spider Guard
Demon Spider Guard takes 3956 points of damage from Fenix 's attack, deflecting 1119
Demon Spider Guard takes 4311 points of damage from Fenix 's attack, deflecting 1159
Fenix takes no damage and deflects 2649 damage from Demon Spider Guard
Fenix takes no damage and deflects 2562 damage from Demon Spider Guard
Demon Spider Guard takes 4245 points of damage from Fenix 's attack, deflecting 1103
Fenix takes no damage and deflects 2784 damage from Demon Spider Guard

This was not edited in any way or form...all i did was keep clicking on the quick kill button.
"I fear no enemy! For the Khala is my strength! I fear not death. For our strength is eternal!" - Fenix

Maeric
New Adventurer

Postby Maeric » Sun May 20, 2007 2:45 am

I seem to be getting the same issues ... duplicate kills but the frequency seems to be around 5% - 10%. Also, can't log in into forums while logged into new server. That bug was mentioned earlier as well.

Maeric

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Wed May 23, 2007 2:03 pm

I just recieved double gold and two shields for killing one spider(The amount of time I had idled any items would have disapeared)

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Viktor Blackheart
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Viktor Blackheart » Thu May 24, 2007 6:56 pm

Vik just got two items from killing one spider, too.. Also a thing happened with the XP, but it's hard to explain.

I went to level up an Alt and then same thing happened, only it was in the sewers.

Doyle
Social Leech

Postby Doyle » Mon May 28, 2007 9:44 pm

Happened to me though I've found it only occurs if a click Attack multiple times when not paying attention properly.

Terragor
New Adventurer

Postby Terragor » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:24 am

This has happened to me as well. I believe Vardian and others have previously posted on this subject, no?
Image This is CAKETOWN!

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:34 am

Just to check this isn't either:

a) something you can do on purpose OR
b) something that happens often

is it? Cory is in the process of fixing it, but it is a toughy. Just trying to get a feel for how big the prob is... if it is just every once-in-a-while and can't be triggered purposefully, we will be okay for the time being.

(If it CAN be triggered purposefully using some method, for sure please don't post the method in the forum for everybody to see. =P)
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Jade Silvermoon
Adventurer

Postby Jade Silvermoon » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:07 am

It happened to me twice in The Dead Zone.Once killing a Bane Horror got double xp and one with a Giant corpse Grazer got 2 digested Metal.. There are other posts about this as well.. Happens on both servers

asrai
Adventurer

Postby asrai » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:40 pm

I have not noticed any way of "making" This problem happen.

It happened quite a bit for me though. But only on the triple lines together with the screen showing this.

**pulling from Fenix's post to show what I am referring to**

Demon Spider Guard takes 4245 points of damage from Fenix 's attack, deflecting 1103
Fenix takes no damage and deflects 2562 damage from Demon Spider Guard

The double plat and experience has only happened a few times since I started this thread. I would say on average maybe 2 to 3 times per day. Was more so in the begining and seems to have tappered off a bit.

Terragor
New Adventurer

Postby Terragor » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:19 pm

It would also seems when they you taking damage and the enemy taking damage bunch up, the character being played at the time will recieve less damage overall. It's really weird, but only happens on occasions, it seems.
Image This is CAKETOWN!

DeadEye
New Adventurer

Fighting abnormalities

Postby DeadEye » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:13 pm

I've had similiar events of multiple attacks. Specifically in the N'rolav Desert quick-fighting the Zombies and scorpions while searching for the elusive brown guardians. Have not got double XP (none any way), or double kills for the extra Plat. What I've had happen is the system not recognize the quick-fight action causing the same monster to remain. I have slowed my "clicker finger" down but still happens.
Thanks, Zal W.

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:22 pm

Same Topic rather than the same bug:

hitting refresh(F5) cleared it up.

Return to “Bug Reports”