Weird Issues?

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Weird Issues?

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sat May 12, 2007 3:37 pm

Is there something going on with DG? Stature points are vanishing in large amounts from people and if you click on the "links" section to the left, the guild count is way off...down to 15 now from 30...same with the guides. Down from 10 ( think it was 10) to 5...etc...?

|Game Information (5)| |Dark Grimoire Players Network (1)| |Strategy Guides (5)| |Guilds (15)| |Miscellaneous (2)| |Non-DG Links (3)| |Reviews (2)|
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sat May 12, 2007 3:40 pm

From whom are stature points vanishing in large amounts?

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sat May 12, 2007 3:46 pm

Miranda of Admin wrote:From whom are stature points vanishing in large amounts?

From people in the list. I know that they do go down, what a point or two a day, but not 10, 15...etc. Last night while I could not sleep, I noticed the list shift alot. It was not in my imagination, either! Then I started to notice the other things I mentioned, as I clicked around trying to figure out what could be going on. Am still looking for oddities!
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero

Ellyana - 118743

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat May 12, 2007 3:52 pm

~Ellyana Lilly~ wrote:

From people in the list. I know that they do go down, what a point or two a day, but not 10, 15...etc. Last night while I could not sleep, I noticed the list shift alot. It was not in my imagination, either! Then I started to notice the other things I mentioned, as I clicked around trying to figure out what could be going on. Am still looking for oddities!

Stature points expire. If certain people are getting huge chunks of votes all at once, as you yourself reported in this same forum, then it stands to reason that those huge chunks of votes will all also expire at almost the exact same time.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sat May 12, 2007 4:19 pm

Ben wrote:
~Ellyana Lilly~ wrote:

Stature points expire. If certain people are getting huge chunks of votes all at once, as you yourself reported in this same forum, then it stands to reason that those huge chunks of votes will all also expire at almost the exact same time.

Hi ben. Okay, yes that makes sense. Am fine with that but what is to explain the other missing parts of DG? *twilight zone music* :o

Ellyana - 118743

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sat May 12, 2007 4:23 pm

On that issue..guilds seem to be back up a bit...to 20 now...this is good...

Ellyana - 118743

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat May 12, 2007 4:42 pm

You may notice that any guilds that have disappeared from the list are not saying anything about it. That in itself should give you a decent clue.
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Sat May 12, 2007 4:47 pm

I know this is probably because you are working on it, but just in case...

When Ellyana reported the issue, it seemed to be completely unimportant as all the 30 guilds originally listed were still there as links, although it claimed there were only 15 in the number over it.

Now however, the oldest guilds and possibly others have vanished, including - Twenty Two, CSB, AVE and RoK.

If they have been removed permanently, I would be somewhat concerned. If this is temporary while you work on it, please disregard!

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Sat May 12, 2007 4:52 pm

DG just crashed on me, and when I tried to log back in, I discovered that although I can do so, I can't access any of my characters -- I just get a blank white screen with the appropriate URL. However, I can access their inventories.

At the time, I was just talking in Guild Chat and IC, not accessing any merchants or anything like that.

I can (as you see) access the DG forum with no trouble.

Topaz

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat May 12, 2007 4:54 pm

Gemstone wrote:DG just crashed on me, and when I tried to log back in, I discovered that although I can do so, I can't access any of my characters -- I just get a blank white screen with the appropriate URL. However, I can access their inventories.

At the time, I was just talking in Guild Chat and IC, not accessing any merchants or anything like that.

Topaz

Because that is totally similar to the problem being discussed in this thread.
Ben

Wyf_Broadskull
Adventurer

Postby Wyf_Broadskull » Sat May 12, 2007 4:54 pm

Gemstone wrote:DG just crashed on me, and when I tried to log back in, I discovered that although I can do so, I can't access any of my characters -- I just get a blank white screen with the appropriate URL. However, I can access their inventories.

Topaz

Same here.White Screen (of death!)

IC: I think we are dead and this is what heaven looks like. *sighs*I thought I would be better looking...

Morris
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Morris » Sat May 12, 2007 4:56 pm

Yep same here can get everything else bar movement

Edenn
Adventurer

Postby Edenn » Sat May 12, 2007 4:58 pm

The Enlightened Sponsors of Destiny (ESD) link seems to have disappeared as well.
Most helpful guild around: http://esd.dgplayers.net/phpbb
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Mal: Do you want to run this ship?
Jayne: Yes!
Mal: Well.. ya can't...

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sat May 12, 2007 5:01 pm

..and the floodgates have opened! 8O

Ben did make a broadcast that he was working on trade/merchants, but dunno if the white screen of death is related. Logic would put 2 and 2 together but all logic seems to escape the norm around DG! :D

Ellyana - 118743

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Sat May 12, 2007 5:09 pm

The CSB link seems to hopped away from the guild links page

http://www.shroudedbunnies.net/index.php

Is this all I need to do or should it be posted elsewhere?

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sat May 12, 2007 5:25 pm

Should be submitted as a link to consider on the links page.

Riku
New Adventurer

Postby Riku » Sat May 12, 2007 5:39 pm

I'm having the white screen(of death!) too.

Viktor Blackheart
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Viktor Blackheart » Sat May 12, 2007 5:40 pm

Ben did just warn everyone about this..

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sat May 12, 2007 5:44 pm

Viktor Blackheart wrote:Ben did just warn everyone about this..

That he did.

next time Ben crashes the game, he should give us some ideas as to what else to do while we wait. :lol:

If I werent going out soon for a bit, id be so lost and confused right now! :roll: :wink:

Ellyana - 118743

Viktor Blackheart
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Viktor Blackheart » Sat May 12, 2007 5:45 pm

Way of the Just

Way of the Just forum has disappeared too, Just so you know.

Return to “Bug Reports”