Experience from Quickfighting

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Ergo
Adventurer

Experience from Quickfighting

Postby Ergo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:16 pm

Not sure if this is a bug, yada, yada, but I started combat with a Demon Spider in N'rolav at the top of the entrance hole to the Spider Caves. I used the regular attack for the first 3 or 4 rounds then used quick fight because I was in a hurry to get somewhere. I noticed it gave me experience for the combat, at least more than I thought I would get for 3 or 4 rounds. I thought the use of quick fight negated any experience for the combat.
May the gods shine their light upon us all.

Ergo -53615

Randomzero
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Randomzero » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:38 pm

you get experience from the damage dealt through the non quick fight attacks you made, you only lose the experience from the point you hit quick fight. same theory as killing a weakened creature, but in reverse i suppose.

**prepares for a smiting if he is incorrect**
im not ok, your not ok, but thats ok

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:43 pm

Reported not to long ago here

This is what Ben said;

Ben wrote:Yes, this will work. XP is based on damage done. Every round of fighting you store up XP based on what damage you did to the creature. This is how people share XP when they are both fighting a monster together... if one person did 70% of the damage, they get 70% of the XP, and the other person gets 30% (assuming they are still there and fighting. If they left or retreated or whatever, that 30% goes to the void.)

If you are fighting alone and take off 20% of the monster's HP, and then stay in the area and quick fight the rest of the battle, you will get 20% of the monsters XP.

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Ergo
Adventurer

Postby Ergo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 pm

Thanks. I made my original search too explicit and that one was cut out of the items returned.
May the gods shine their light upon us all.

Ergo -53615

Return to “Bug Reports”