Strange Computer Memory Problem

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Galemir
New Adventurer

Strange Computer Memory Problem

Postby Galemir » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:49 am

Okay, first off I use a special computer called a BrailleNote, a computer for the blind/visually impaired, so this may relate to the issue. While trying to level up (nice fun little task there), I am of course required to click many many links (to attack, move, heal etc.) At first everything is find, but then, every time I click a link I get a message saying "Not enough storage is available to process this command". I ignored it at first, but eventually it slowed so much I had to reset the BrailleNote. Now, after a certain amount of actions (specific number not known), I have to reset the machine and log in again to keep playing. Does anyone know what is happening and/or how to fix it?
Rise up from your thousand years of sleep, break forth from your grave eternally. I command you to rise!

Randomzero
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Randomzero » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:05 am

ok, from my basic computer knowledge it could be a few things, one, your low on RAM, simple fix, have someone install a larger, or more Ram chips. second, could be a virus/spyware issue, bit harder to fix but usually not to big of a problem. three, i've never work with a computer like that and it might just be a memory hog.

those are my best guess' with out knowing your computer specs or specific information. hope it helps.
im not ok, your not ok, but thats ok

Galemir
New Adventurer

Postby Galemir » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:50 pm

It only happens when I'm playing Dark Grimoire, or on the DarkGrimoire.com on any page (including the forums.) I can't get a virus of any kind on this machine because it uses software that is not compatible with any programming for mainstream computers, only with stuff designed by HumanWare (the people that make it.) It can barely run JavaScript, much less a virus.
Rise up from your thousand years of sleep, break forth from your grave eternally. I command you to rise!

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:02 pm

Hmm. Doesn't sound like a RAM problem to me, browsing pages doesn't use too much of that. The error you're getting doesn't sound familiar to me either, at least not when simply browsing web pages. Although I don't know anything about the BrailleNote, I'm guessing your problem is related to your BrailleNote, and you should probably ask an expert.

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Galemir
New Adventurer

Postby Galemir » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:07 pm

I will do just that, thank you. :)

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:53 am

I know this is a bug report forum, but I do have to say that I think it is absolutely awesome that we have blind/visually impaired people who play DG.

And what's more, is that we have people who try and help them in a manner that is quick and appropriate.

Awesome!

Galemir
New Adventurer

Postby Galemir » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:51 am

I agree. And games like DG are perfect for people like myself who used text-based technology to surf the web. I always talk about this game to the friends I have that are blind, they like the concept of an entire text-based world a lot. And I really do too. On an on topic note, the tech guy I talked to said it's a common BrailleNote bug and there's nothing I can do about it.

Return to “Bug Reports”