cant exchange sceptre for apprenitceship form

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
shion_M^R
New Adventurer

cant exchange sceptre for apprenitceship form

Postby shion_M^R » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:06 am

i have tried with 2 sceptres to change them to the apprenmticeship forms and all i get is " Katt has not correctly performed the task needed to acquire a profession form! " but i have acctually got the sceptre and hit the use in the Master trainer bit..please can you help..thanking you in advance

asrai
Adventurer

Postby asrai » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:09 am

To elaborate on this..she got the form first, went to the temple and the form she got from the trainer originally was useless. And i asked her if she had clicked use prior to entering the temple or buying the forum and she said she had not

carlo aggaruzzi
I talk WAY too much

Postby carlo aggaruzzi » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:12 am

http://www.darkgrimoire.com/bb/ftopic62 ... quest.html
Ben wrote in April:
after you get one Apprenticeship Form you CANNOT get another. This means you MUST keep, not delete, and not sell your original Apprenticeship form or you will be stuck as an initiate forever. I will probably be creating some really expensive way to fix this in the future, but for now you are just stuck.... so just get one apprenticeship form and use it yourself.

asrai
Adventurer

Postby asrai » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:19 am

Yes i seen that part, but that doesn't explain why the first form was useless when she went to the temple the first time...she still has the orginal form. She went after the 2nd scepter after the first form came up useless

carlo aggaruzzi
I talk WAY too much

Postby carlo aggaruzzi » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:31 am

That I don't know, but I do wonder if something was just flubbed.

How do you know the first form was "useless"?
And was it definitely the first form?

I'm not questioning anyone's truthfulness. I'm just wondering if it was rendered useless by a confused attempt, or if was still useable and discarded when a faulty method made it seem ineffective.

Fon
Veteran

Postby Fon » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:35 am

Is your character level 15+ yet?

*May have asked a stupid question, but wanted to get it out of the way.*
Once, I typed 'teh' to be ironic. But, I screwed up typing and it came out 'the'

# 42308

asrai
Adventurer

Postby asrai » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:45 am

From as far as i know, it was her first attempt to the temple. She is a level 15 character. And when looking at the form where the name normal is suppose to be it says it is useless...there is no spot to click use. Just sell drop destory.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:05 am

Since more than a thousand people have used the form without problem over the last three years, I seriously doubt that anything is wrong with it... the error lies with the user. Perhaps you skipped a step or did something at the wrong time. In any case, the original form you had should still work if you finish the steps and do everything correctly. There is no way to make the form "useless"... if you skip a step it just doesn't work, it doesn't neutralize the thing. Get it back out, seek advice from older adventurers, and try try again with your original form.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

james silver
New Adventurer

septer

Postby james silver » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:55 pm

I'm having the same problem with one of my lower guys, he got his papers and then they disappeared from his bank,so he went and got the septer again. now i can't get his forms for his profession. the trainer says i missed something. i'm level 15 and i have the death septer, what else is there?

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:38 am

The explanation to what you are asking is posted in this thread up via the link in Mylor's post, James Silver.

Things don't "disappear" from the bank. People sometimes act like there is actually a piece of paper in an actual bank. Its all just lines in a database. If the piece of programming that does "put thing in bank" and "take thing out of bank" works once, it will work everytime, because it always does the SAME EXACT THING, unlike a human clerk working at a bank. If it is gone its because you accidentally deleted it.
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:33 am

http://www.darkgrimoire.com/bb/ftopic62 ... quest.html

See second post in that thread. I put in a method for people to get a form if they got confused and messed up their Sea Dweller quest.
Ben

Return to “Bug Reports”