=== REPORT SPELLING ERRORS HERE ===

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Fett0001
New Adventurer

=== REPORT SPELLING ERRORS HERE ===

Postby Fett0001 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:46 am

on the story page in the section about ryndall, it says "Ryndall is a magical city which exists on some other plain of existence"
plain should be plane.

Grom Hellscream
Social Leech

Postby Grom Hellscream » Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:50 am

Not only that...But, Ryndall is listed on the map as being NE of Milltown...in some sort of Desert expanse area.
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow2311.html
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow2629.html

"The Trinald Trek; where brave adventurers hack and slash their way through the wilderness to net the most successful kills in 6 Marcs."

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:02 am

plain ( P )
adj. plain·er, plain·est
n.
1. An extensive, level, usually treeless area of land.
1. A broad level expanse, as a part of the sea floor or a lunar mare.
Something free of ornamentation or extraneous matter.

or

plane ( P )
n.
1. Mathematics. A surface containing all the straight lines that connect any two points on it.
2. A flat or level surface.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm choices choices. Im lazy, so I leave it as it is. It is a mystical plain. Like Nebraska.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:02 am

Yes. It is a plain. That exists. Elsewhere.

Ok.

=\
Ben
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

JKD
I talk WAY too much

Postby JKD » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:24 pm

In Duberry's Swamp theres one spelling mistake that is repeated through out the area. I think its a mistake for that matter.

The smell of stagnated water and swamp gas continues to feel your lungs.

I suppose it should be fill and not feel.
http://www.remnantsofkimald.org/forums/index.php
My signature pic takes you to the Guild site. The link takes you to the Guild Forums.

RoK on!

Murad Gimpblade

Postby Murad Gimpblade » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:47 pm

Off the top of my head, from a spot south of the junction in the first level of the Dundee Town Hall's Cellar is something like

A sword and shield lie on the ground, but they are to rusted to be of any use to you.

There are at least half a dozen similar minor errors around - but considering the vastness and enjoyability of the game (and the fact that it's all created by only two people.. err, gods) they don't really matter.

Steelthunder

Postby Steelthunder » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:20 am

We seem to have something odd going on in the Poultry Farm - Chicken Coop too...

"A small rickety coop takes up this corner of the farm, judging by the fencing and feathers strewn about this coop (it?) housed chickens of sorts, though none can be seen in it through the rusted wire fencing. To the south you can see a strange pin, and the grain silo, to the east is the farm house and to the north sits the coop entrance."

Leaving pins around is dangerous.. especially strange ones.. someone might get hurt. :)

JKD
I talk WAY too much

Postby JKD » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:05 pm

In Caernivale, the title in an area is spelled wrong.

Caernival Town Square Platform
My signature pic takes you to the Guild site. The link takes you to the Guild Forums.

RoK on!

Thomas Covenant
I talk WAY too much

Postby Thomas Covenant » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:18 pm

Hey language is an organic evolving thing, even when its the same lanuage its use can be subtley differently in different areas of the same country, and the spellings can be like wise different.
SO I guess this what we are experiencing in Valorn, lets not worry about it too much, less the Gods get anoyed with our complaints about a slight imperfection(as we may see it) in our world. I'm sure they have enought to contend with due to Balthazar and his legions.
I for one would not like to anger the gods intentionally or otherwise.

JKD
I talk WAY too much

Postby JKD » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:49 pm

I know. I'm not trying to be picky, just helping with what I can :).

RoK on!

Avian Ornithosis
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Avian Ornithosis » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:12 am

I am not being picky or critical but it seem as though a list has been formed for futre possible spelling and grammar fixes, therefore I will submit this as well.

Avian Ornithosis lashes out with an Fine Assassin`s Left Hand Dagger dripping with poison!

JKD
I talk WAY too much

Postby JKD » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:37 pm

One more that I found so far. The farm again :wink:.

Poultry Farm-Chicken Coop

A small rickety coop takes up this corner of the farm, judging by the fencing and feathers strewn about this coop housed chickens of sorts, though none can be seen in it through the rusted wire fencing. To the south you can see the strange pin, and the grain silo, to the east is the farm house and to the north sits the coop entrance.

It should be pen.

RoK on!

JKD
I talk WAY too much

Postby JKD » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:41 pm

Oh, heh, this time its one more.

Poultry Farm-Turkey pen

A wooden pen stands has been erected here, and before you is a gate leading south into the pen. Inside you can see a large roost and several dead gobblers. Erected next to the pen is a large grain silo that doesn't appear safe to enter inside or even to stand near. To the east of this are is the farm road gate and the cobblestone walkway to the pond, and to the north sits the chicken coop.

There are a couple ways to fix that so I don't know which you want. You can make it singular, just take out the word, etc. Up to you obviously :P.

RoK on!

JKD
I talk WAY too much

Postby JKD » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:37 am

I found another, but at Dundee Town Square this time:

To the North is Guild Hall Lane
To the West is a busy bazaar with a magic shop, blacksmith, and and, at the far end, the town hall.
To the South is the training yard, town cleric and city gates.
Below your feet you see an open cover to a sewer. Steam, which stinks slightly of sulfur, seems to be coming up through the hole.

Just an extra 'and'.

RoK on!

JKD
I talk WAY too much

Postby JKD » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:10 am

I found one on equipment this time.

Scepter of Death

A scepter made of a mix of lavastone, coral, and pearl. Its beauty is exquisite, and the power it shines with is formidable... as is its weight. The grinning skull of a Greater Hell Demon rests at the top. ALthough you can pick it up and carry it, the scepter is much too large and heavy for you to try to use it as an effective weapon.....

Just that it should be Although.

RoK on!

SeleneofAdmin
New Adventurer

Postby SeleneofAdmin » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:06 pm

All area descriptions that were listed here have been corrected.

Keep up the good work, guys. If you notice an error, post it here and I'll take care of it.

Thanks!

carlo aggaruzzi
I talk WAY too much

Postby carlo aggaruzzi » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:57 am

The armor for legs is "greaves", rather than "grieves".

SeleneofAdmin
New Adventurer

Postby SeleneofAdmin » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:03 am

Right. For now, I'm only concentrating on area descriptions. Largely because Ben would be a very unhappy God if I messed with the items before I have a keen grasp on everything. But I'll make a note of it, and it will get changed. Eventually. Ahem.
"A councilor ought not to sleep the whole night through, a man to whom the populace is entrusted, and who has many responsibilities."-Homer (800 BC - 700 BC), The Iliad

Selene
Flunkie
Slave labor to the guys who run Grimoire Entertainment, Inc.

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:12 pm

Maybe its really sad leg armor. :cry:
Ben

Ixon Fier
Veteran

Postby Ixon Fier » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:44 pm

Ben wrote:Maybe its really sad leg armor. :cry:

If I were made of leather I would be sad too
"Ixon collects pretty much for the joy of collecting. He's fairly straight up for a scoundrel, double dealing, profiteering rogue. ;)" - Hacken

Return to “Bug Reports”