=== REPORT SPELLING ERRORS HERE ===

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Fenix
New Adventurer

Postby Fenix » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:20 am

""so and so"" Fumbles hers attack...

when you fumble with a female character it should be her :P
"I fear no enemy! For the Khala is my strength! I fear not death. For our strength is eternal!" - Fenix

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:25 am

No offense, but that was posted three or four posts ago by myself.

The Darkest Star
Adventurer

Postby The Darkest Star » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:16 am

It may have been mentioned before but I'm not reading through 19 pages of posts to check...

Aldwthe's Landing Memorial Fountain

Standing in the middle of this square is a very large intricate fountain that obviously serves some purpose other then just decoration.

The third last word should be 'than'.

Saranf
Adventurer

Postby Saranf » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:38 am

Saranf wrote:Where Enchanters can buy better robes at Hagrinus.

You are in a small hut which teeters at the edge of a cliff. The enchanter who lives within seems fairly powerful, however, so it is doubtful he would have build his home in such a place unless he was sure it was secure. You can exit the structure to the south.

It should be built not build.

Just bringing this one back into the light, I posted it about 5 months ago and it's still there. It's located at the Cliff Hut.

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:49 am

Maybe I'm being stupid, but this following doesn't make sense to me. The ogre village foritification lookout place.

"You stand on a platform that connects to the wall and overlooks the village. From here you can see the village below you and to the south you can see the treetops of the Dark Forest and beyond that a single tower rises above the treetops where signifying the location of Dundee. "

I'm not sure if you meant to use "and" twice like that, and I think the "where" in bold is not supposed to be there. I'd suggest:

"You stand on a platform that connects to the wall and overlooks the village. From here you can see the village below you, with the treetops of the Dark Forest to the south, and a single tower to signify the location of Dundee beyond that."

But I'm not sure.

Xia
Wee Little Godling

Postby Xia » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:59 pm

I am BEGGING everyone again to give me DIRECTIONS to errors. I don't know where the ogre fortification thingymajig is. I do not like walking around through all the areas up and down, looking for a particular square when you guys know exactly where they are. Please, please, please as per my instructions, give me directions from a specific landmark that everyone knows, such as the trodden path. I do not have all the ogre village mapped out in my mind. Thank you.

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:08 pm

Ok. If you follow the trodden path into the center of the ogre village. There are four spots (That I have found) that have the spelling mistake I mentioned.

There is one which is north from the village centre, then west a bit until you can go up.

One which is symetrically opposite, on the east side.

One which is north a bit from where you go up to get to the first one, then west and up.

And again, the fourth is the same, but to the east.

Xia
Wee Little Godling

Postby Xia » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:13 pm

Thank you.

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:10 pm

My apologies for initial vagueness. :)

Aierwen Fae
Adventurer

Postby Aierwen Fae » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:04 pm

i found this little tidbit in the 12th Annia Sacrata Journal

" I am not sure how much of this tale and how much is exaggeration. "
how much of this tale...what?

i think it was meant to read.."i am not sure how much of this tale
is true and how much is exaggeration."

Klesk
New Adventurer

Postby Klesk » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:02 am

Not really a spelling error so much as a capitalization error. "The Endless Desert-Excavated road". All of the other ones say "The Endless Desert-Excavated Road", so I thought I'd report it just in case.

ShadowHunter
Social Leech

Postby ShadowHunter » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:38 pm

In Merchant Lane west in milltown Gorvan the warrior will say this

Gorvan the Warrior takes an whetstone out of his backpack and starts to sharpen his broadsword.

should be a whetstone
When your wife or girlfriend or husband or boyfriend is ticking you off, you don't go and delete yourself or whatnot. *shrug* - Ben

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:48 am

The Story page indicates that Branishor grows crops in the fields to the north.......but isn't that kinda unhealthy, eating things from the Wastelands?

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

carlo aggaruzzi
I talk WAY too much

Postby carlo aggaruzzi » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:35 am

Initiate Armorer in Dundee's Training Yard.
"Hello, adventurer. Are you in need of supplies? If so, I would be glad to sell you some of my second-hand armor to get you started... it is the same as the equipment you received for free when you first entered the world, so if you still have all that stuff, you have no need for my wears. Just remember ..."

In that context, "wares" is correct.
Last edited by carlo aggaruzzi on Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:52 pm

In the N'rolav Bandit hideout, all but the very first room.

You are in a wet cavern that seem to extend beneath the forest. A strange, sticky, stringy substance covers all the walls and floor. The odd tree root juts from the walls in places in between the sticky substance.

It should be seems.

Scally
Adventurer

Postby Scally » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:30 pm

"He is covered in slick, dark black scales, and has curled hornes at the crown of his head."

Shouldn't Qalynok be descibed as having curled horns, no e?

Fon
Veteran

Postby Fon » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:14 pm

Aaronar wrote:In the N'rolav desert tomb, second level down, two east of the central staircase:
Decorated Passageway

The passageway heads east and west here. Through the darkness you can make out large murals painted onto the smooth stone walls, the light that you give off seems to make the murals come alive.

The mural on the north wall depicts a large man wearing simple but well made clothing and a large gold crown on his head. He is stood in a field surveying the land around him. Behind him several men and women are working in the fields, tending to crops.
The mural on the south wall depicts a man of medium build wearing leather armor and a large gold crown. In his hand he holds a leather drinking vessel, whilst in the background several craftsmen and women are working on various animal skins, preparing them and fashioning them.

Shouldn't that be standing?

Also on that same floor, but 3 west of the central staircase 2nd paragraph:

The mural on the north wall depicts a beautiful woman stood in a meadow. She is wearing simple clothing and wears a gold crown on her head. There are various small animals gathered around her feet, and a small bird is sat on her upturned open palm.

On the other side of the central staircase is "The mural on the north wall depicts a beautiful woman sat at what looks like a spinning wheel. She is dressed in fine clothing and wears a small gold crown. She has a warm smile on her face and seems to be concentrating on what she is doing. In the background is a room of some kind, with the walls draped in fine tapestries, and a single window which shows a view over woodland."

Is sat and sitting just another customs-conflict?
Once, I typed 'teh' to be ironic. But, I screwed up typing and it came out 'the'

# 42308

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:27 pm

5th Journal of Annia Sacrata, end of the first paragrapgh:

The knight drove away the creatures, saving Arlin, but we were unable to find any sign of Tertius. We believe him to be lost to use forever.

Should be us, I'd think.

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:19 pm

An brilliant light,,,shouldn't it be A brilliant light?

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Ergo
Adventurer

Postby Ergo » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:48 pm

Hojo, remember to give specific instructions of where to find the location the spelling error occurs. You have to realize how many places in Valorn your error may be located?
May the gods shine their light upon us all.

Ergo -53615

Return to “Bug Reports”