=== REPORT SPELLING ERRORS HERE ===

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Dabria
Social Leech

Re: === REPORT SPELLING ERRORS HERE ===

Postby Dabria » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:41 am

Coder of Admin wrote:
~Dabria Kamali~ wrote:Next debate: The Oxford comma, for or against? ;)

That's not even a debate, Oxford for sure :)

8O

I'm just going to leave these here, for those who may need it. I have a feeling that one alone, may not be enough . . .
Image Image
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Cenny
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Cenny » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:01 am

So, was in the early hallway of the lost tombs, midway between the entrance and the statues. Found this bit of text:

Under the hieroglyphs are two black scarabs: one pointing north and one to the east. Under the hieroglyphs are two scarabs: a black one pointing north and a silver one with Sunrifter scribbled on its back pointing south.

After some reading of the surrounding text, I got the idea of what's going on here, but it's still rather confusingly written, and kind of redundant.

Fixed - Z

Reesa
New Adventurer

Postby Reesa » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:04 am

Can't believe in 9 years I've not spotted this one before.

On the foot path, two spaces to the west of the dark forest (north of Dundee), and two spaces to the east of the Honor guildhall (yep, a path I've taken a million times :? )... the last sentence contains the word "traveling". It is misspelled. Should have one "l" not two.

Cheers!

Reesa
Reesa Ambernight the Virtuous
There is always time for kindness.

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:24 pm

Reesa wrote:Can't believe in 9 years I've not spotted this one before.

On the foot path, two spaces to the west of the dark forest (north of Dundee), and two spaces to the east of the Honor guildhall (yep, a path I've taken a million times :? )... the last sentence contains the word "traveling". It is misspelled. Should have one "l" not two.

Cheers!

Reesa

"Travelling" is the (UK) English spelling the word. To me "traveling" is spelled incorrectly! ;)
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Reesa
New Adventurer

Postby Reesa » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:40 pm

~Dabria Kamali~ wrote:"Travelling" is the (UK) English spelling the word. To me "traveling" is spelled incorrectly! ;)

Ha! Well, I guess coder will have to decide if he's feeling UKish or USish with this particular post. The room to the west has traveling spelled with one L, so maybe we can save coder some time and just chalk it up to keeping the US and UK on good terms. :mrgreen:
Reesa Ambernight the Virtuous
There is always time for kindness.

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Reesa wrote:
~Dabria Kamali~ wrote:"Travelling" is the (UK) English spelling the word. To me "traveling" is spelled incorrectly! ;)

Ha! Well, I guess coder will have to decide if he's feeling UKish or USish with this particular post. The room to the west has traveling spelled with one L, so maybe we can save coder some time and just chalk it up to keeping the US and UK on good terms. :mrgreen:

He is frequent user of the letter "u" so, who knows?!
~Richard~

Atreiya
Adventurer

Postby Atreiya » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Last line of the description at the Ryndall Township Entrance in the Endless Desert reads:

"A weakly-glowing life monument stands in front of the monument."

Fixed - Z

Nih Betodaru
Veteran

Postby Nih Betodaru » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:45 pm

http://www.darkgrimoire.com/showitem.ph ... d=52150199

First line:

I was one of the first citizens of the Empire to arrived in Valorn.

should be arrive.

Fixed - Z

Prompting Character Development since 2013. :wink:

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Infested Dungeon - level before the Ravager.

You find yourself in a very small room, surrounding you on all four is nothing but slimy granite walls. Looking closely at the west wall, you notice a peculiar shape in the shape of the slime, that of a large crack! A hole above you looks climbable... but the moans and roars of zombies echo from that area.

I am thinking it should read "you notice a peculiar shape in the slime" perhaps?

Fixed - Z
~Richard~

Sorynn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Sorynn » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:40 pm

OR,
"...a peculiar shape to the slime that covers this wall..."

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:43 pm

Sorynn wrote:OR,
"...a peculiar shape to the slime that covers this wall..."

Yes, that would work also. I just thought, as it was, it read clunky and was unnecessarily repetitive. I was trying not to kill small human and his friend (gotta love school hols!) when suggesting an alternative, in hindsight, I never did much better than the original description!

*wanders off in search of yet more coffee*
~Richard~

Shierah
New Adventurer

Postby Shierah » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:47 am

This has been bugging me:

Poultry Farm - Fruit Orchard
A stonewall constrains the reaching limbs of the fruit trees around you. Some of the fruit has been plucked off and dropped on the ground in half eaten blobs of corrosion. Scurrying sounds in the distance suggest something comes to eat the bounty that has been dropped for it.

Corrosion refers to the decay of metals...were there some kind of metallic creatures decaying the fruit? Perhaps a better word could be found...perhaps seeping rot? maybe someone with a broader vocabulary could come up with something better, but I think corrosion is misused here.

Morvan
New Adventurer

Postby Morvan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:53 am

Shierah wrote:This has been bugging me:

Poultry Farm - Fruit Orchard
A stonewall constrains the reaching limbs of the fruit trees around you. Some of the fruit has been plucked off and dropped on the ground in half eaten blobs of corrosion. Scurrying sounds in the distance suggest something comes to eat the bounty that has been dropped for it.

Corrosion refers to the decay of metals...were there some kind of metallic creatures decaying the fruit? Perhaps a better word could be found...perhaps seeping rot? maybe someone with a broader vocabulary could come up with something better, but I think corrosion is misused here.

Hmm, what about putrefaction, the process or result of decaying? Tends to be applied to organic matter decay, and can be associated with that smell of decay.

"Some of the fruit has been plucked off and dropped on the ground; various states of putrefaction mark the half eaten blobs."
Morvan: 180782
Burendi Endsul: 192391

Synvasti Shymere
Adventurer

Postby Synvasti Shymere » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:06 am

Corrosion used here doesn't bother me. It's literary and maybe literal. The oxidization of apples exposed to air can be compared to the oxidation of metals resulting in rust. Microbial corrosion? Also, is the acidity in rotting apples high enough to make them corrosive?
I long for the song of the morning, the dancing of shadows at dusk, and the silence that closes the night.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:10 am

It almost seems as if the word should have been corrupted instead of some form of decay, though I can definitely see cause for it in both directions.

izzy
New Adventurer

Postby izzy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:45 pm

Hello, has anyone other than I, noticed "generate a new chararacter"? I found another one, but forgot about it.

Llyewell
Veteran

Postby Llyewell » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:03 pm

N'rolav plains:

The twisted, knarled, naked branches of a gigantic tree of awe-inspiring girth towers over you to the southeast, it's black, oily bark glistens in the light.

Corrected spelling and removal of unnecessary apostrophe:

The twisted, gnarled, naked branches of a gigantic tree of awe-inspiring girth towers over you to the southeast, its black, oily bark glistens in the light.

Fixed - Z
Strength t'yer sword arm, the same t'our bond. Life t'ye, an' keep ye strong.

Ani Clawstrike
New Adventurer

Postby Ani Clawstrike » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:10 am

izzy wrote:Hello, has anyone other than I, noticed "generate a new chararacter"? I found another one, but forgot about it.

I confirm this! Kind of funny and will probably keep calling it 'chararacter', but yes, it's there.
~*192049-Clawstrike*~
~*192849-Rose*~

Nih Betodaru
Veteran

Postby Nih Betodaru » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:48 pm

"The Mountains stretch high into the sky here, as if you could leap from the top to Sunrifter."

Should this be "from the top to the Sunrifter"?

Unless Sunrifter is being used here as the domain of the admin, and not the star giving light to the planet, in that case it is correct as is.

Prompting Character Development since 2013. :wink:

Zeric of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Zeric of Admin » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:45 pm

It's just "Sunrifter", not "The Sunrifter". Regardless of context/usage.

Return to “Bug Reports”