=== REPORT SPELLING ERRORS HERE ===

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:14 pm

Balthazars write up on the story page.

It is also rumored that he has lived for thousands of years and caused the downfall of the Golden Age and the two great kingdoms of Valorn nearly four-hundred years ago.

As far as I know, it wasn't two.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:15 am

Zombie Cavern

You are in a large cavern beneath the Western Mountains. This cavern is littered with broken crates and chests, as if it had once been used as a storage area. Natural lighting is provided by a series of glowing rods along the walls. The rods appear to be Golden Age technology, and approximately half of them are still working.

The glowing rods allow you to see the horrible zombie horde that infests this cavern. The only exits from this place are tunnels along the east and south walls. One of those exits is directly to the south.

That particular room has exits leading in all four directions. It's the first "zombie" room using the south portion of the cave to get there.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:18 am

Zombie Cavern

You are in a large cavern beneath the Western Mountains. This cavern is littered with broken crates and chests, as if it had once been used as a storage area. Natural lighting is provided by a series of glowing rods along the walls. The rods appear to be Golden Age technology, and approximately half of them are still working.

The glowing rods allow you to see the horrible zombie horde that infests this cavern. The only exits from this place are tunnels along the east and south walls.

The only exits from this room are north and west. This is directly east of the previously mentioned room.[/quote]

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:13 pm

Pirate Headquarters

This cavern is filled with debris that used to be various desks, chairs, tables, and beds. This was most likely the room that the pirates used as their headquarters and dorm area. Now the pirates only seem to be using the room to walk around and moan in.

There are two exits: a pile of rocks you can scramble down toward the eastern side of the cavern, and a hole in the floor on the western side. The pile of rocks is in this area, leading to a tunnel below.

There are three. One leading down, one west, and one north. This is the first room of the Pirate Headquarters after coming out of the Zombie Hole.

Urkki
Veteran

Postby Urkki » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:44 pm

Ben wrote:
hojo Musachi wrote:In the New area it says that you can only go east and south but you can occasionally go other directions as well
*edited twice*

Reread the room. You are in a large cavern made of many areas.

Xanthias, this is for you. :wink:

Ever wondered who sponsored who? Here's your chance to find out: Lineages!

charid for all the contests I forgot to post it for: 29984 ;)

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:46 pm

Heh. Thanks Urkki.

Makes enough sense I suppose.

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:51 pm

...was slain by Masked Bandito

Should be a was slain by Masked Bandito .

There might be a reason as to why it doesn't add the a(n) but I have no idea what to search for.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:51 pm

On N'Rolav midnight beach:

"A small makeshift wooden shelter stands against the cliff, but it's occupant has long since left. "

and

"An ancient chest has spilled it's contents onto the beach, but the combined action of the salt water and the wind has corroded the items beyond recognition."

both should be its.
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:38 pm

On Boulder Beach, it says:

Only the numerous shark fins protruding from the water interrupt the idealistic beauty of this place.

I believe the word you want there is "idyllic," not "idealistic."

Topaz

sust
Adventurer

Postby sust » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:14 pm

On the bridge between the Southern and Northern expanses of the Dead Zone. The word "bridge" is misspelled.

ANu Shadowryder

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:41 am

The South Plains-Sandy Flats

This isnt so much a 'spelling' mistake as spacing. Pretty much all of the areas read as follows:

"In all directions you see sand,sand dunes, (...)"

Should be a space between sand, sand dunes
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:40 pm

Ogre village:

"Before you stands a few shanty huts"

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:05 pm

In the tomb of Faysem the Grand (N'rolav tombs, first Greater Tomb Wretch level), in the third paragraph the word "handsomely" is misspelled.

Topaz

Urkki
Veteran

Postby Urkki » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:56 am

[insert rogue name here] has sucessfully picked a lock.

Should be successfully, I believe.

Ever wondered who sponsored who? Here's your chance to find out: Lineages!

charid for all the contests I forgot to post it for: 29984 ;)

Scally
Adventurer

Re: === REPORT SPELLING ERRORS HERE ===

Postby Scally » Thu May 01, 2008 4:24 pm

Library of the Maji, in the Enchanters Acadamy:

"The third depicts a ferce battle..."

vardian
Experienced Adventurer

Postby vardian » Thu May 08, 2008 8:35 pm

Forgive me if already posted

You are in a wet cavern that seem to extend beneath the forest. A strange, sticky, stringy substance covers the walls and floors, and in places you can make out the substance forming what appears to be giant webs.

Should be ...in a wet cavern that seems to extend ....etc

Underground Lair - N'rolav spider caves:

edit:
Fixed.
Miranda
Your bullets cannot harm me - my wings are like a shield of steel!

Valina Ravenclaw
Adventurer

Postby Valina Ravenclaw » Mon May 12, 2008 2:52 pm

When you are about to make your UW, in this case of Salvation, after selecting the forge and just prior to using it:

Forge of Salvation
The forge has an very small, round opening where an object can be inserted. The opening looks like it could accomodate some kind of bladed weapon or shaft.

Effect: ??? Professions: ( ANY )
This item is on the ground, you can pick it up /Use it.

Should be "The forge has a very small, round...", not "an"

rikm
Veteran

Postby rikm » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:17 am

This is not really a spelling error but may be more along the lines of an error in composition. Narian was at the Memorial to Valornian Explorers, just off the mountain path near the OSS, and noticed that of the 5 statues there 2 are of Blessed Cory.
Upon entering a small alcove in the mountain pass you are greeted by five large marble statues. One of Might Ben and Blessed Cory upon the right and One of Blessed Cory and Pleasant Xia, and Radiant Julia on the left.

Is this a mistake in writing or is there 2 statues?

Shirila Blades
Veteran

Postby Shirila Blades » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 am

Not sure if this is counts or not, but have noticed during fight sequences that when my female characters misjudge/fumble an attack the line of text in fight sequence reads [Name of character] fumbled hers attack. This should be her.
"Everyone knows the only one unmatched in blade is me. Probably the only one who can claim knowledge of multiple classes is Shirila."
Hacken

"Or you children of today, are children of the grave"
Will never be tamed

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:28 pm

Thank you all for keeping an eye out for spelling / grammar / general area or item errors.

I'd like to tighten up on all these errors, but I'm unsure how far back in the thread to go as some have been fixed, others haven't, some are difficult to find and so on. I'd like to start over as of this post.

1. From now on, please post any error you find, even if it was already posted before I put up this announcement. Don't worry about annoying me with duplications of previous posts. That way I'll know, if it is after this post, that it is still a current mistake.

2. You should try and make sure that you are not posting a duplicate of a post that was put up here after I posted this announcement, as if it is unfixed still it just means I haven't figured out where it is or - if it is complex - how to fix it yet.

3. You will know if it is fixed because I will sign off the original post. If you then notice another error in the same place, after I have signed off the error post, then yes you should post it again.

4. When you post please make sure you include the following - The 'title' of the area where the error is, or the name of the item in which there is an error, and a copy/paste of the whole description as it is on screen. This will make my life a lot easier. Obviously then point out the mistake you've seen as well. If the mistake appears in more than one place, for example multiple areas, please specify that it appears in more than one place.

Thank you very much =)

Return to “Bug Reports”