=== REPORT SPELLING ERRORS HERE ===

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Fon
Veteran

Postby Fon » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm

In the desert, there are the three spaces of excavated roads

The title in the gray bar at the top reads "The Endless Desert-Excavated Road" on two of them, and the other is "The Endless Desert-Excavated road"

Not that big of one....but just thought it was worth reporting
Once, I typed 'teh' to be ironic. But, I screwed up typing and it came out 'the'

# 42308

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:17 pm

Seems like a large one.....

"You recieve 0 experience as --------- dies"

receive is not spell correctly
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

Aaronar
Adventurer

Postby Aaronar » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:03 am

In the N'rolav desert tomb, second level down, two east of the central staircase:
Decorated Passageway

The passageway heads east and west here. Through the darkness you can make out large murals painted onto the smooth stone walls, the light that you give off seems to make the murals come alive.

The mural on the north wall depicts a large man wearing simple but well made clothing and a large gold crown on his head. He is stood in a field surveying the land around him. Behind him several men and women are working in the fields, tending to crops.
The mural on the south wall depicts a man of medium build wearing leather armor and a large gold crown. In his hand he holds a leather drinking vessel, whilst in the background several craftsmen and women are working on various animal skins, preparing them and fashioning them.

Shouldn't that be standing?

Also on that same floor, but 3 west of the central staircase 2nd paragraph:

The mural on the north wall depicts a beautiful woman stood in a meadow. She is wearing simple clothing and wears a gold crown on her head. There are various small animals gathered around her feet, and a small bird is sat on her upturned open palm.

Xia
Wee Little Godling

Postby Xia » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:39 am

I'm pretty sure that's an englishism. But perhaps someone should confirm this.

ethiril darklight.
Experienced Adventurer

Postby ethiril darklight. » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:29 pm

either sounds right to me...

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:48 pm

Both words make sense there, to me.

Fon
Veteran

Postby Fon » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:28 pm

Sounds wrong to me.

This must be a case of Europe and North America dialect

Once, I typed 'teh' to be ironic. But, I screwed up typing and it came out 'the'

# 42308

ethiril darklight.
Experienced Adventurer

Postby ethiril darklight. » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:18 pm

why where you from?

artzamy23
Adventurer

Postby artzamy23 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:34 pm

The tense of the verb is incorrect. The phrase is structured with a present tense verb 'is' and 'depicts'. The tense of the verbal participle should not be represented in a past tense. The sentence snippets should read "is ... standing" and "decipts ... standing".

I could be wrong, though, but that is the "North American" use of the English language in me speaking.

~Thaliea
Last edited by artzamy23 on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please remember that we have to share the Earth. Let us not think that we are the sole owners and that those around us are merely paying rent.

Thaliea, #62516

Xia
Wee Little Godling

Postby Xia » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:26 pm

I know that it's incorrect usage in American English. I was referring that I think that it might be correct in English English and would someone please verify that. Anyway, here it is. I google searched. Here is a clip from a message board.

"Talking of 'stood', we often hear 'she was stood' instead of 'she was standing' in the UK." [altered minorly for coherence]

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:19 pm

I would say that the usage is wrong.

Yes, you can say 'She was stood.' But that only works in the imperfect tense. As it is used in the present tense, the only grammatically correct way of saying it is 'standing' - in both the cases mentioned.

Xia
Wee Little Godling

Postby Xia » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:28 pm

Thank you, that's what I was asking. If 'is stood' is ever correct in England. Apparently it's not.

Xia
Wee Little Godling

Postby Xia » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:59 pm

Hello, fine people posting spelling errors. I would like to fix all your spelling errors, but sometimes it's very hard for me! When you post something like "in the tombs there is an error" it is very hard for me to find it, and walking all over the tombs gets frustrating.

For instance, telling me that there is an error at so and so's sepulcher is not helpful as I do not have the whereabouts of specific sepulchers memorized. It would be very helpful indeed in the future if these were reported with directions from a major landmark to the area. Aaronar's post that said the area was 2 east from the central staircase for instance was very good and enabled me to find the problem immediately.

In the future, please post spelling errors with some help for me! I have had to skip quite a few errors on this thread because I couldn't find them!

Xia
Wee Little Godling

Postby Xia » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:07 am

Errors on which I could use more specific directions are as follows (incidentally I don't even know where the "rocky tunnel underground" is so that needs to be even more specific):

> And another one that claims you can move 'You can follow the tunnel to the north or to the south.'

You can only go North and East at this particular section

>the Rocky Tunnel Underground

You can follow the tunnel to the west or to the south.

>Sepulcher of Awsay the Content:

"An intricate crown is placed upon the figures head over the straight short hair..."

Should be "figure's"

>Lost Tomb of the Ancients-Lower Halls

...Under the hieroglyphs are two scarabs: a black one pointing north and a silver one with a sun scribbled on its back pointing west.

Um... I'm in the bottem right hand corner of the first level of the tomb, and there isn't a west, only an east and north.

Aaronar
Adventurer

Postby Aaronar » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:04 am

Sepulcher of Awsay the Content is on the 3rd floor down 3 east and 1 north of the central staircase.

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:27 pm

I'd be surprised if this hasn't been reported before, but I'm not reading the whole thread to find out...

In the Wall Service passageway

"It doesn't seem large enough to be of any use in hauling weaponry to one part of The Wall to the next."

Surely that should say: "FROM one part of The Wall to the next"?

Also, glad to see a spelling error I reported long ago on the forum's, about it saying Usergoups instead of Usergroups, was fixed. :wink:

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:25 am

While fighting in the canopy.

Dark Vulture takes no damage due to deflecting all 0 points of Reliae Kirleu 's attack
Reliae Kirleu fumbles hers attack!

fumbles her attack!

Allorn
Adventurer

Postby Allorn » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:07 am

Xanthias wrote:While fighting in the canopy.

Dark Vulture takes no damage due to deflecting all 0 points of Reliae Kirleu 's attack
Reliae Kirleu fumbles hers attack!

fumbles her attack!

I've noticed this in all cases of fumbling attacks, regardless of where you might be at the time. Maybe it's Valornian usage?
~*If I told you the truth would it keep you alive*~
~*I believed all your promises, your promises and lies*~
~*The boys in the newsroom have a running bet/get the widow on the set*~

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:24 am

I don't want to be annoying but this was never fixed

Hentez wrote:Seems like a large one.....

"You recieve 0 experience as --------- dies"

receive is not spell correctly
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

Fleur
Veteran

Postby Fleur » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:17 am

As the 'USERGOUPS' has been fixed now, I thought I would point these out as well:

This is the official community site for The Dark Grimoire, a free text based massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG). With an extremely active community and changing content The Dark Grimoire is capable of enthralling those who never thought they would even be intersted in a text based game. To try your hand at this adventure you can REGISTER HERE.

The boards and the game require seperate registration.

'content, The Dark'
'interested'... 'separate'

Return to “Bug Reports”