Possible bug with multiple monster fighting?

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Gmyrek
Adventurer

Possible bug with multiple monster fighting?

Postby Gmyrek » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:06 pm

Here is the battle I had with two Ebon Wolves:

You recieve 4744229 experience as Giant Ebon Wolf dies
You have gained 1g 16s for defeating Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 1113 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 603
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 409 damage and deflects 818 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 841 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 595
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 160 damage and deflects 881 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 1047 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 589
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 200 damage and deflects 847 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 847 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 575
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 226 damage and deflects 818 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 1189 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 562
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 209 damage and deflects 796 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 1175 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 566
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 180 damage and deflects 875 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 937 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 574
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 395 damage and deflects 874 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 984 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 553
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 508 damage and deflects 807 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 220 damage and deflects 871 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf has been defeated!
You recieve 4633981 experience as Giant Ebon Wolf dies
You have gained 66s for defeating Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 1137 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 571
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 296 damage and deflects 865 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 495 damage and deflects 798 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 799 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 589
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 354 damage and deflects 869 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 320 damage and deflects 800 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 1010 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 578
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 231 damage and deflects 870 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 1102 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 604
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 338 damage and deflects 850 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 151 damage and deflects 850 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 975 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 578
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 381 damage and deflects 808 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 368 damage and deflects 883 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 1033 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 554
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 288 damage and deflects 866 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 428 damage and deflects 802 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 471 damage and deflects 825 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 1061 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 605
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 131 damage and deflects 881 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 395 damage and deflects 868 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 827 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 572
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 437 damage and deflects 827 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf

Now, if you look closely, after I have slain the first wolf, I take damage twice - from a single wolf. Can someone tell me why this is, or is it a bug?

Cheers,
VG

Demon hunter
Veteran

Postby Demon hunter » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:35 pm

When fighting two things at the same time the battle order of how you each other is not allways the same for instance.....

Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 395 damage and deflects 868 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 827 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 572
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 437 damage and deflects 827 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf

There u struck the wolf after the first wolf hit you.

Here....

Giant Ebon Wolf takes 1033 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 554
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 288 damage and deflects 866 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 428 damage and deflects 802 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf

They both hit you first before you could hit the wolf your attacking...

What im trying to say is that probalby on the killing blow of the first wolf you had the first example happen so it looks like you were hit twice by the same wolf in 1 attack turn but in retrospec you acutally weren't.

Gmyrek
Adventurer

Postby Gmyrek » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:48 pm

Then wouldn't it make more sense to show that you had slain a wolf AFTER that wolf hits you for the final time? It's just a little odd to see that you kill something, and then get hit twice again. Just talking here.

I suppose you could reason it out as "oh, well, with it's last breath the wolf takes one more swipe at you, and then shudders and dies." :D

Cheers,
VG

Demon hunter
Veteran

Postby Demon hunter » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:56 pm

Ok i see where you going with this but lets say you were attacking the wolf thats bold instead of the top one. Would that make more sense?And then next turn you get hit by him first so it still seems like you getting hit twice?

Gmyrek
Adventurer

Postby Gmyrek » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:09 pm

Let us look at the portion of the battle where the first wolf dies, which is what I am talking about:

Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 508 damage and deflects 807 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 220 damage and deflects 871 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Giant Ebon Wolf takes 1137 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 571
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 296 damage and deflects 865 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf
Von Gmyrek the Stout takes 495 damage and deflects 798 damage from Giant Ebon Wolf

OK, so you can see me take damage from 2 wolves at the bottom. Followed by that is my attack on one (and I assume the weakest) wolf, who then procedes to die. I get 66s, and 4633981 experience as Giant Ebon Wolf dies. It says Giant Ebon Wolf was defeated. Then, directly after this (consider that one wolf is dead, done, pushing up daisies) you see me get hit twice more.

Here it is again:

Maybe I am just misunderstanding your argument, Demon Hunter, but it seems to me that this double attack can't (or shouldn't) happen at this point, because according to the fight log, one of the wolves is already deceased! :)

VG

Demon hunter
Veteran

Postby Demon hunter » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:19 pm

Looking back at the first post.......

When fighting 2 creatures at the same time you each attack turn has 3 rounds correct? The wolves hit u then u hit one of the wolfs. (But not allways in that order.... Sometimes one wolf would hit you and then you hit one wolf and then the last wolf will hit you resulting in 1 attack turn) Go back and count your turns Von. According to my calculations that on the finally attack turn of 3

and then the next attack turn...

Giant Ebon Wolf takes 984 points of damage from Von Gmyrek the Stout's attack, deflecting 553

(now that one wolf is dead the attack turns come in pairs since there are only 2 of you)

So with the text being so close together it still seems like you have been attacked by the same wolf twice but you werent.

and if you recall what i said before, you killed the wolf you were attacking in the first part of that attacked turn and the wolf u didn't kill still gets his turn on hitting u.

Gmyrek
Adventurer

Postby Gmyrek » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:29 pm

You are totally right :)

Thank you for taking the time to help me figure this out! I guess I am a bit oblivious, I tend to focus in on the small bits, and not take a look at the larger picture. :)

Kudos on your patience DH!

Cheers,
VG

Return to “Bug Reports”