Group fighting

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Hayate
Experienced Adventurer

Group fighting

Postby Hayate » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:28 pm

With the new combat system (which is great if your fighting in a group or pair by the way, nice work) I believe I have found a bug.

Every now and again (im not sure what is causing it) when fighting in a pair a single creature appears to die twice and give twice the exp, twice the drops and twice the gold.

This, obviously, is a form of cheating and I hope that the few times it has happened to my by accident will not been seen as such which is why im advising you of this situation.

Cory
Site Admin

Postby Cory » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:22 am

Thank you, thats a race condition I would not have caught on my own.

I believe the cause was the fact that the data used to calculate was pulled up at the beginning of the code that kills a monster, but was not reset until the end. This allwed people who were fighting at the exact same time to run the functions at the same time if the server wsa sufficiently slow enough. The xp should not be given out anymore for the second death as all used up xp is reset immediately after being read in.
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/cshow31.html:ob7uupbm]Cory[/url:ob7uupbm]
President/Developer Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/contact.php:ob7uupbm]Click here to Contact an admin[/url:ob7uupbm]

Hayate
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hayate » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:51 pm

Glad to have been of service :)

Hayate
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hayate » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:31 pm

Actaully... one more combat related thing I just spotted. I have had to copy some text for this and apologise if its against any rules:

Greater Magma Demon has been defeated!
You recieve 2975974 experience as Greater Magma Demon dies
You have gained 20s for defeating Greater Magma Demon
Greater Magma Demon takes no damage due to deflecting all 0 points of Hayate 's attack
Hayate fumbles his attack!
Hayate takes 384 damage and deflects 746 damage from Greater Magma Demon
Greater Magma Demon takes 938 points of damage from Hayate 's attack, deflecting 600
Hayate takes 366 damage and deflects 746 damage from Greater Magma Demon
Greater Magma Demon takes 674 points of damage from Hayate 's attack, deflecting 605
Hayate takes 450 damage and deflects 706 damage from Greater Magma Demon
Greater Magma Demon takes 969 points of damage from Hayate 's attack, deflecting 599
Hayate takes 348 damage and deflects 750 damage from Greater Magma Demon
Greater Magma Demon takes 870 points of damage from Hayate 's attack, deflecting 581
Hayate takes 335 damage and deflects 700 damage from Greater Magma Demon
Greater Magma Demon takes 980 points of damage from Hayate 's attack, deflecting 613
Hayate takes 456 damage and deflects 719 damage from Greater Magma Demon
Greater Magma Demon takes 859 points of damage from Hayate 's attack, deflecting 588
Hayate takes 276 damage and deflects 694 damage from Greater Magma Demon
Greater Magma Demon takes 770 points of damage from Hayate 's attack, deflecting 605
Hayate takes 358 damage and deflects 730 damage from Greater Magma Demon
Greater Magma Demon takes 930 points of damage from Hayate 's attack, deflecting 612
Hayate takes 296 damage and deflects 745 damage from Greater Magma Demon

The Dark Grimoire is ©Grimoire Entertainment Inc. Do not reproduce without permission.
Contact Info|Privacy Policy

I noticed that I fumbled my final attack 'supposedly' doing zero damage... the creature still died however... did I fall into it and crush it or something?

Korba
Veteran

Postby Korba » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:46 pm

Thoring posted about that here:

http://www.darkgrimoire.com/forum/ftopi ... attle.html

But having no idea what to search for i'm not suprised you didn't see it! :wink:

Korba

Hayate
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hayate » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:30 pm

Fair enough. Thanks Korba

Return to “Bug Reports”