skeletal nomad dropping more than one item

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Sonvar
New Adventurer

skeletal nomad dropping more than one item

Postby Sonvar » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:06 pm

today i had one skeletal nomad drop 2 silver amulets and another one drop a silver ring and scorpion sting.....not sure if this is just new or what :)

Ergo
Adventurer

Postby Ergo » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:10 am

More likely someone dropped them or did not pick them up in the first place. You just don't see them till after the fight, especially if you were using quick fight.
May the gods shine their light upon us all.

Ergo -53615

Sonvar
New Adventurer

Postby Sonvar » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:26 am

they are only able to be picked up by the person slaying the beastie no?

Sephoroth
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Sephoroth » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:15 am

Sonvar wrote:they are only able to be picked up by the person slaying the beastie no?

I know this to be true with undropable items, and items gained from quests, but other then that I think everything else can be picked up by anyone passing by.
Sephoroth - 67628
Trevious Bladesing - 79518
Drekalar - 95623
Marcus Argura - 137806

carlo aggaruzzi
I talk WAY too much

Postby carlo aggaruzzi » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:37 am

If you kill something, only you can pick up an item dropped by the enemy you defeated. If you exit the area without picking it up, you may re-enter and still pick it up so long as the time limit has not expired and the item has disappeared. This includes special undroppable items, but applies also to more common items that combatants drop, evidently.

Any item you drop becomes visible and attainable for anyone, including yourself so long as the player refreshes the screen.

That is how it stands now. It was not always so, and I do not count on it remaining this way forever as admin modifies and tweaks DG's game mechanics on an ongoing basis.

Edited because I was wrong. I hope Cerberus can survive the notion.
Last edited by carlo aggaruzzi on Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dirk Dt
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Dirk Dt » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:05 am

carlo aggaruzzi wrote: If however, you exit the area without picking it up, it becomes visible and attainable for anyone who enters, including yourself if you return. Similarly, any item you drop becomes visible and attainable for anyone, including yourself.

I believe that is only true for dropped items. Items not picked up are not visible to other players at all. Correct me if I'm wrong ;)

[edit] just verified it. only if an item is dropped does it become visible to others. Items never picked up do not become visible.

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:27 am

When you kill a monster and it spawns a treasure drop, only you can see it. If you pick up an item and then drop it, it become visible to all. I'm thinking that discussing adventuring tactic is a spoiler, so I'll just say that sometime people drop 1 item of high weight, to carry many items of low weight. When you enter an area you can see only the monsters activating into battle mode with you. after you hit them 1 time, Items on the ground become visible.
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.
-Ben-

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:43 am

Mylor wrong. **gasps**
What kind of game would you make?
"I'd make a game about sarcasm and farce and put Cerberus in charge. =D" ~ Ben of Admin

carlo aggaruzzi
I talk WAY too much

Postby carlo aggaruzzi » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:15 am

I would have sworn that's how it works, but it occurs to me that I never actually tested it using an alt to follow. I probably believed they were made visible because of very old experiences of other people picking up items left lying on ground, from back when creature drops were immediately visible to anyone in the area who refreshed the screen. My apologies.

I will edit my earlier post in case a lazy reader in the future does not go further to see the corrections.

Sephoroth
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Sephoroth » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:15 am

......well thats the last time I leave a glowing crystal or invasion ignot laying on the ground after a fight..... :x
Sephoroth - 67628

Trevious Bladesing - 79518

Drekalar - 95623

Marcus Argura - 137806

Return to “Bug Reports”