Spell expiration message appears when person is not there.

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Spell expiration message appears when person is not there.

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:13 am

I saw it happen twice on sunday I would be standing in an area either talking or doing something else while normal Valorn events happened. People entered the area and left the area, People shot from the cannon, people advanced in power and skill, etc etc. Then the light blue message that tells of a spell expiring on someone flashed. The person named in the spell expiration was NOT in the area at the time. They were also NOT listed anywhere in the area event log. The first time It caught my eye and I momentarily assumed it was that thing that happens when someone is stepping away as their spells expire and the expiration message appears just After they step away, This was not the case in the 2 instances I observed on sunday. Sorry for the delay in posting this observation, the memory just came back to me. I forgot to post it on sunday.
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.
-Ben-

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:42 am

opps read that wrong... I agree with the post below :)
Last edited by Hentez on Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowHunter
Social Leech

Postby ShadowHunter » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:43 pm

I believe this is the new way that spells expire so that no spells get stuck on adventurers
When your wife or girlfriend or husband or boyfriend is ticking you off, you don't go and delete yourself or whatnot. *shrug* - Ben

Avian Ornithosis
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Avian Ornithosis » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:42 pm

It could be that that is the spot the person was located when they logged off with the blessing/enchantment on them. I noticed once while visiting Haggie that I wandered through the area that my alt was parked in Branishor with some blessings on he had been there a while and when I passed through they expired. I hope that made sense.

Cory
Site Admin

Postby Cory » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:56 pm

I'm still tracking down why it happens, but its not high priority as its not affecting the spells themselves. It does appear to be related to the spells who would normally be stuck though.
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/cshow31.html:ob7uupbm]Cory[/url:ob7uupbm]
President/Developer Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/contact.php:ob7uupbm]Click here to Contact an admin[/url:ob7uupbm]

Return to “Bug Reports”