Movement Error

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Isoyami
Experienced Adventurer

Movement Error

Postby Isoyami » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:15 pm

An unusual error just stated popping up this morning.

When I'm in my PM box in my character Awai Isoyami (63001) and trying to click back to the movement screen, I get a blank grey screen that says

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 44 bytes) in /var/www/html/play.php on line 374"

When I click back on my brower (Mozilla Firefox) it goes back to the PM box, then I can get back to the movement screen just fine after that.

Odd.
:?

Maji
New Adventurer

Postby Maji » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:43 pm

the same error occurs in IE but for me it seems to be associated with shops.

EDIT: Additional error beginning to occur randomly when moving in general

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /var/www/html/move.php on line 202
"Every man builds his world in his own image. He has the power to choose, but no power to escape the necessity of choice." - Ayn Rand

Ilaena
New Adventurer

Postby Ilaena » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:58 pm

I had a similar error occur when going through Milltown

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /var/www/html/move.php on line 202

Edit: I was going east, and was unable to do so until I had tried looking at my PM's and then going back to movement twice.

Edit: I was able to repeat the error, (though by no means was I trying to, as it's annoying) when I went back to Milltown Center, realized I needed to visit the cleric, and tried going east again.

Further edit: Now a second error has occured, similar to the first, the one that Iyosami reported. This occured when I was going west into the same spot in Milltown with Grimwohld the Blacksmith. I could repeat this error numerous times whenever I would click movement. I would have to try 2-3 times before successfully seeing my surroundings. I also noticed another adventurer peek into a cannon in this spot, when I could find no cannon to peek into.
Last edited by Ilaena on Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Islander
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Islander » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:15 pm

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 129 bytes) in /var/www/html/play.php on line 374

I've had the same thing happen,
1st time clicking to use the portal from under the wall
2nd time clicking "movement"
........happened around 12pm est for me (about 6mins ago)

edit to add: 12:11pm est

walking west along Milltown (just north of the Milltown Inn) I got the errors

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 131072 bytes) in /var/www/html/play.php on line 374

clicking "movement"

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 9458200 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 128 bytes) in /var/www/html/play.php on line 374

clicking "movement" again

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 131072 bytes) in /var/www/html/play.php on line 374

Cory
Site Admin

Postby Cory » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:58 pm

as of now this shouldn't happen anymore
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/cshow31.html:ob7uupbm]Cory[/url:ob7uupbm]
President/Developer Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/contact.php:ob7uupbm]Click here to Contact an admin[/url:ob7uupbm]

Thomas Covenant
I talk WAY too much

Postby Thomas Covenant » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:10 pm

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/html/spawnfunc.inc.php on line 974

This occured 13.00 BST near the life monument at Caernivale, I hit the back button and things returned to normal.

I had been getting a few of the ones above yesterday but seeing as others had reported them I didn't see the need to as well.

EDIT: Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/html/spawnfunc.inc.php on line 974

got this playing my alt a few minutes later near teh Bromidic bos life monument.

EDIT: Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/html/spawnfunc.inc.php on line 974

At cracked life monumnet in the dark forrest between Dundee and Milltown.

Cory
Site Admin

Postby Cory » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:22 pm

how often does it happen and is it always the same message?

[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/contact.php:ob7uupbm]Click here to Contact an admin[/url:ob7uupbm]

Thomas Covenant
I talk WAY too much

Postby Thomas Covenant » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:19 pm

The only times it has happened are the ones I posted above, and yes its been the same message each time.
The one thing they do seem to have in common is that they all happened at or near (within a square or two) of a life monument. I hadn't died I was just in the area.

The screen was white each time it happened with the message in black apart from (/var/www/) that part of it was in bold.

My character is http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow2765.html
I assume you can get the alt from that to track the bug - I prefer to keep both characters completely separate and don't want one associated with the other by other players hence no character ID for the alt posted - but if you need the name and number I'll post it as well.

Cory
Site Admin

Postby Cory » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:06 pm

I would like to hear detailed reports of anyone else experiencing this error also.

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:58 am

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'dbserver.grimoireentertainment.com' (111) in /var/www/html/paths.inc.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_select_db(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /var/www/html/paths.inc.php on line 11

Warning: mysql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in /var/www/html/paths.inc.php on line 11

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /var/www/html/paths.inc.php on line 227
first result false

URL: http://www.darkgrimoire.com/move.php?di ... =625643156

It was in the desert.. One sqaure north of the path to the mountian, while trying to go East.

Grunky
New Adventurer

Postby Grunky » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:40 pm

i keep getting this message while in the desert in N'Rolav:
warning: unlink(/tmp/dg.paths): No such file or directory in /var/www/html/paths.inc.php on line 294

warning: cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/paths.inc.php:294) in /var/www/html/move.php on line 448

then once i refresh, everything is ok for a little while, then i get the same message.....happens when i enter a room

el gato
New Adventurer

Postby el gato » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:45 pm

Warning: unlink(/tmp/dg.paths): No such file or directory in /var/www/html/paths.inc.php on line 294

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/paths.inc.php:294) in /var/www/html/move.php on line 448

I got the same error as Grunky, while farming in the forest with an alt. It occurred when I moved from one area to the next. Once I hit the back button everything was fine. This was the second time that this happened in about a week. I cannot remember where I was the first time it has happened. Using IE 6.0

dirk mission
New Adventurer

Postby dirk mission » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:50 am

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'dbserver.grimoireentertainment.com' (111) in /var/www/html/paths.inc.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_select_db(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /var/www/html/paths.inc.php on line 11

Warning: mysql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in /var/www/html/paths.inc.php on line 11

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /var/www/html/paths.inc.php on line 227
first result false

I got the same error as Hentez, was in the N'rolav tombs heading east in the northern part of first level.

Korba
Veteran

Postby Korba » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:29 pm

[Error 1]

first result false

N'Rolav tombs 1st level
20:18 GMT tonight
Firefox 1.5.0.1
Windows XP Pro SP2

Korba
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow37985.html
Last edited by Korba on Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korba
Veteran

Postby Korba » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:41 pm

Another error a few seconds later:

The error i reported above was displayed on a white background with no DG info displayed just text.
[Error 2]
The following keeps happening every 5 or moves and is preceded by "You have died 4 or more time etc" in the combat area of the screen which then changes to: [EDIT] This error automatically refreshes it self after a few seconds.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/gg0mjm/error.jpg

[Error 3]
The next error has only happened twice: [EDIT] this has happeded more than that now and requires me to refresh my screen to clear it.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/gg0mjm/error2.jpg

These are all in the same area as above and same details.

Korba

Korba
Veteran

Postby Korba » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:55 pm

Sorry to spam post but errors one and two are happening to my alt on Killican west beach and the nexus portal.

[EDIT] - the bugs are following Korba whereever he travels (Milltown and normal desert tomb so far)
Last edited by Korba on Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Urkki
Veteran

Postby Urkki » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:03 pm

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Even the forums are bugging...

first result false

rain forest.

dirk mission
New Adventurer

Postby dirk mission » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:19 pm

Received this one through the chat area and went on below the chat area to the bottom of the page.

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'dbserver.grimoireentertainment.com' (111) in /var/www/html/db_class.inc.php on line 142

Warning: mysql_select_db(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /var/www/html/db_class.inc.php on line 146

Warning: mysql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in /var/www/html/db_class.inc.php on line 146

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /var/www/html/db_class.inc.php on line 168

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/db_class.inc.php on line 79

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /var/www/html/db_class.inc.php on line 168

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:27 am

Thanks guys. Basically have just outgrown our current server again... a good and a bad thing, I suppose. =) Need a DB machine with more ram.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

aerthiamar
New Adventurer

Movement error

Postby aerthiamar » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:10 pm

5:58 pm (EST), while moving through the dark forest (north end), got the following error several times, always when moving east:

Warning: unlink(/tmp/dg.paths): No such file or directory in /var/www/html/paths.inc.php on line 294

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/paths.inc.php:294) in /var/www/html/move.php on line 448

Return to “Bug Reports”