Ravenous Sharks that don't drop an item when killed.

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Ravenous Sharks that don't drop an item when killed.

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:33 pm

I have had this occur twice. I have asked around and it seems to be a new occurance. I think this is either a Bug preventing the item drop. or potentially one of the items had been deleted and so the drop is empty. Is this a bug, has it happened to anyone else, or is there supposed to be an empty item drop in the lineup of potential drops?
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.
-Ben-

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:53 pm

If it is a bug then it has been occuring for weeks, maybe months

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:54 pm

I thought some of them just don't. That has been happening to me ever since I started hunting there. Some drop nothing, some drop fins, etc.

Topaz

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:31 pm

I killed quite a few, then had one empty so it seemed odd. I suppose the empty one may just be the truest form of Ravenous Shark :)
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.

-Ben-

Kalea
New Adventurer

Postby Kalea » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:49 pm

When I and my alts hunted sharks, they always dropped something. The default drop is the shark fin. If you are getting nothing, I suspect it is because ragged leggings and tunics cannot be dropped and therefore just the combined item is now droppable. But if the database wasn't reduced by one or something put in place of it, you could get a nothing if that cell in the database exists but has 'nothing' stored in it.

My two silver.

K.

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:54 pm

ahh I had a feeling like that. And now that you mention it I recall some banter on guild chat from someone months ago pulling a tunic from the shark belly saying a prayer for whoever was wearing the ragged tunic when the shark ate them... I suspect you have placed a 100% correct identification on this matter Kalea.

-Ben-

Dunderbach
New Adventurer

Postby Dunderbach » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:36 am

I also think that that's why. Before the sharks dropped armor tops and bottoms, one of those was replaced with the full armor and the other became empty drops. Some sharks have empty bellies now.

Return to “Bug Reports”