Guild Hall Access Level

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Abhorr Deathkisse
New Adventurer

Guild Hall Access Level

Postby Abhorr Deathkisse » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:06 pm

For the ESD guild hall, we have it set to access level officers and above. But I am an officer, and I cannot access the guild hall edit. And I have tried it in the guild hall.

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:23 pm

Access levels regulate who can enter a room. The leader is the only one who can edit the guild hall.

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Abhorr Deathkisse
New Adventurer

Postby Abhorr Deathkisse » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:07 pm

Thank you for clearing that up for me. *smiles*

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:09 pm

As Opposed to:
What kind of game would you make?
"I'd make a game about sarcasm and farce and put Cerberus in charge. =D" ~ Ben of Admin

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:46 am

OK, I'll be keeping my mouth shut again about things I don't know anything about =\

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

jimmykitten
Veteran

Postby jimmykitten » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:51 am

sooooooooo. i'm really confused now.

is it a bug?

or are we confused about what 'edit access level' means?

what does it mean plz! :'<

i toggled it in our guild hall and it doesn't seem to affect anything

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:16 am

I thought it was setting who has the power to edit your guild hall. Thorin thought it was who could go in the room, but as Cerberus has shown, Thorin got confused with movement permissions.

As for wether the edit guild hall access thing actually works, I'll check and see if it does. I have mine set to officers.

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:30 am

Ok. Our Guild hall edit acces level is set to "Guild officer and above".

I asked an officer to test, and when they click the guild hall button, whilst in the guild hall, they do not get a list of editting options, which is what I thought they were supposed to get when the guild hall edit access level is set to officer and above.

So yes. I think its a bug!

jimmykitten
Veteran

Postby jimmykitten » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:51 am

yeah when i toggled it i had the other members check and they didn't get an edit screen. so that's why i wondered if it was a bug or if it meant something entirely different and obscure. but if it means something entirely different and obscure, i can't think of what that meaning would be.

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:48 am

Additional Bug Report:

I set the Guild Hall Movement Permission to 'Guild Officer' and then left the area. When I tried to go back (my account was enabled Guild Leader), I could not enter the room. Thusly, I couldn't change the permission for anyone else who was in the guildhall to get out either.

i.e. the Guild Hall Movement Permission for 'Guild Officer' won't recognize a Guild Leader to be ranked as high or higher and allow him/her in.

I rememdied the situation for ourselves by make an alt an officer and switching, then moving him into the guild hall spot with the officer only access and while he was there signing a form from outside with the Guild Leader... thusly, making him leader and able to change movement permissions; however, I don't believe the guild hall should have functioned that way.
What kind of game would you make?

"I'd make a game about sarcasm and farce and put Cerberus in charge. =D" ~ Ben of Admin

Kalea
New Adventurer

Postby Kalea » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:07 am

That has to be a bug. Sounds like throwing one's key in the middle of the room, locking the door, and then shutting it. You then have a small crowd tapping you on the shoulder to get back in for you forgot that you didn't have a spare in your pocket :lol: .

By the way Cerb, thanks for showing the edit and movement screens. Very helpful for me.

K.

Sreip
Veteran

Postby Sreip » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:45 am

I know this is revamping an old post, but the problem is still existing it seems for the CSB guild hall.

Here's the particulars:

I am guild leader.
Guild Hall Edit Access Level is set to Guild Leader Only.
All rooms except one have Guild Hall Movement Permission set as "The Public". The exception is set to "Members only."
I went into a public room, and changed the movement permission to "Guild Leader Only." I left the room. I attempted to reenter the room, and I could not enter.
I tested with a non-guild member, a regular member, and a guild officer. None could enter. Subsequently, I cannot go in and change the movement permission level.
The room position is, from entrance room, one east, one south.

The remedy Cerbie provided in the above post doesn't appear applicable. Which also begs the question of his bug concerning changing movement to Guild Officer and Leader being unable to enter, if that has been resolved either.
I'd hate to accidentally lock myself or anybunny else out!
Would it have anything to do with how old the guild hall is?

Thank you for any and all help on this matter. I appreciate it already!
"... who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." -Roosevelt

Sreip Enudreklaw #55234

Sreip
Veteran

Postby Sreip » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:56 pm

My guildhall is still having problems with one particular room where the movement permissions level is set to Guild Leader Only. Noone, not even me, can enter it.
I know that admin is quite busy with worldbuilding. I would appreciate any help with this matter, as my guild has expressed that they would like a fully accessible and decorated guild hall for anyone that might stop in.
I also have not experimented further to see if changing movement permissions to officers or leader for other rooms produced the same result.
If I inadvertantly messed something up at some point, well I think I've learned not to do it again.

Thank you.
"... who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." -Roosevelt

Sreip Enudreklaw #55234

GlanEvnal
New Adventurer

DRAGON Halls room no one can access

Postby GlanEvnal » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:58 pm

Hello i have recently assumed leadership and there is a room in the hall neither i or any of the guild members can access. (except Remi)
This was our council room and is set to officers or higher for movement permissions to the best of my recall.

I was wondering if this is a bug?
My character (guild leader) is http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow85087.html

I tried to get in with my alts also and no luck.
Sorry i cant provide more detail I really dont know what to say.

One member can enter this room but isnt high enough to accept leadership to correct the problem, Remi Courtier (officer) #124486
Last edited by GlanEvnal on Fri May 04, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I try not to run away screaming *laughs* it's better to poof away and return to fight later!

Sreip
Veteran

Postby Sreip » Fri May 04, 2007 2:45 pm

I don't know how it was done, but thank you Ben, Xia, Miranda, and the rest of the team for unlocking that errant room. All the bunnies appreciate it.
On with the decorating!
Thanks again!!!!!

Sreip Enudreklaw #55234

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:14 pm

So we are having the same problem as above. The guild leader set it up so we (the guild officers) can edit the Guild hall but it would seem we are unable to. Any help would be appreciated.

Guild is: RoK
Guild Leader is JKD
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:16 pm

*Bump* We are still having this problem
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

Return to “Bug Reports”