Healing mid-battle when there is more than one creature

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Groloth
New Adventurer

Healing mid-battle when there is more than one creature

Postby Groloth » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:27 am

I had always thought this was allowed, since it worked ever since I first started playing.

Mengsk
Veteran

Postby Mengsk » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:31 am

I thought it was allowed also. But I guess since they both attack you right off then technically you have already engaged in combat with the second one regardless of whether or not you have done damage to it.
An Open mind is like a fortress with it's gates wide open and it's doors unbarred.

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:31 am

I thought using potions to heal was removed and disallowed now that it interrupts your concentration??

But I did find that Clerics could heal after killing one creature if they got double spawned on. Just like Clerics can heal with a creature standing by - but just not consume potions.

I have not tried consuming potions during the above circumstance though - or rather not on purpose. I think it wasn't allowed though - as sometimes - if someone walked in and accidentally spawned on you, you couldn't use potions. Even if it was a little rat =P

One thing that does happen - is if you're attacked - the monster is slain by someone else - but you don't refresh and try to consume potions - it still won't let you.
Sketched and Colored by me. Full File

Groloth
New Adventurer

Postby Groloth » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:34 am

How about retreat on a double-spawn? I find that this is ALWAYS successful. Is that intentional?

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:26 pm

See, you guys are all talking in PLAYER LINGO, ie the shorthand you have developed into a special language for communicating with each other in-game while playing. Me=no comprehende.

Just explain when you can heal during battle... what the circumstances are and how you can do it, in normal language without the game slang. ;) Thank you for your help.
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:59 pm

**Small Words for Ben**

Groloth like kill Centaurs!

Groloth find Centaur. Groloth is hurt. Centaur there. Groloth confused. Groloth can't drink potions. Groloth Cleric. So, Groloth Lay Hands on Self. Groloth Healed.

If Groloth not Cleric, Groloth run away to heal.

If two Centaurs, Groloth kill one. Groloth is hurt. Groloth confused, because one Centaur still there. Groloth can't drink potions. Groloth Cleric. So, Groloth Lay Hands on Self. Groloth Healed.

If Groloth not Cleric, Groloth run away to heal.
What kind of game would you make?
"I'd make a game about sarcasm and farce and put Cerberus in charge. =D" ~ Ben of Admin

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:07 pm

Okay, so what I gather from that is that the only people who can heal when a monster is in the area are clerics, unless it somebody else being healed BY a cleric.

However, I heard somebody saying that ALL professions can heal mid-battle. I actually think it was Groloth. This is the part I am interested in hearing about. I assume it has to do with potions... and not running away (because that would not be mid-battle, it would be between battles)
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Kalea
New Adventurer

Postby Kalea » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:18 pm

Yes, Sorry Groloth, *Kalea hopes he doesn't disappear in a pile of ash*, he did say that last night during our guild chat, which later resulted in a small funeral procession of bunnies. :lol:

However, I was talking about noting that clerics could heal either themselves or another in the middle of a battle, after killing one monster but BEFORE attacking another monster if one is still about.

I know that I cannot drink health potions or power potions when ANY monster is in a square, whether it is one or a small pack.

Groloth then mentioned about ALL professions being able to heal mid-battle, and then that quickly ended with me in a small pile of ash :lol:

So, I think the only bug is this cleric heal, if it is a bug. Groloth will have to elaborate on this ALL professions healing.

Take it away Groloth :wink:

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:30 pm

'Mid-battle' as Groloth is using it refers to the point at which a character has encountered multiple creatures in one area, has killed one or more of those creatures, and was just awarded the experience for killing that creature; however, not all creatures have been killed.

At this point the game will consider a character to be out of combat. That is the character can be Healed or Rejuvenated by a Cleric or Enchanter, respectively, and also has a free chance to retreat. Just the same as if the character had walked into the area and not yet attacked any monsters lurking there. However, the character still cannot use potions.

I believe the fact that a character CAN be Healed at this point is the issue Groloth sought to introduce as a possible bug.

He'll be on in a few hours, though.
And, there Kalea beat me to the post... :?
What kind of game would you make?

"I'd make a game about sarcasm and farce and put Cerberus in charge. =D" ~ Ben of Admin

Groloth
New Adventurer

Postby Groloth » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:44 pm

Ok...no slang. When I was a warrior and I happened upon a square that had two monsters, once one monster was killed I could gulp down some potions and heal, then take out the other monster. I did read yesterday that this was "fixed" but being as I had switched professions (ouch!) I didn't see this change. I just saw it was possible to do so as a cleric, and assumed that this was the way it was supposed to be.

Although I did not end up a pile of ash, thankfully!

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:50 pm

I really don't see a problem... it is not like you are getting extra xp from the encounter.

Thomas Covenant
I talk WAY too much

Postby Thomas Covenant » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:05 pm

Ben I just checked , and its not the bug I helped you with before, I can't drink during battle and have to wait till after, not got the time at the moment to go look for a tag team to fight with - though I'm sure some one will before I get back on.

Gmyrek
Adventurer

Postby Gmyrek » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:25 pm

This may or may not be related, but...

I had noticed that, as an Enchanter, I am unable to recharge the power of any player while a single monster is on-screen, and not yet defeated. It states that the player is too far away, or whatever that message is.

However, I AM able to recharge a player if there are originally two monsters - they are attacked, and one is destroyed (primary foe), but before the second one is attacked (secondary foe) I am able to recharge my companion.

This sort of sounds like what my bunny buddies are talking about, so I thought I would mention it...

Cheers,
VG

Denaree
New Adventurer

Postby Denaree » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:51 am

Question: I was there when some of my fellow bunnies were, er, incinerated and Ben said (in not so many words) duh, the other creature isn't going to stand by idly while you beat on his friend and then calmly heal/ drink potions in front of him.

By the same principle, shouldn't it be disallowed then for clerics and enchanters to bless/ enchant themselves in mid-battle? (Mid-battle meaning anytime during actual combat, and not just the breathing spaces after slaying one creature and before starting on the next in the same area [for double spawns]) The creature isn't going to stop hitting you to watch while you bless yourself up (like those kiddie superhero cartoons where the villain waits patiently while the hero goes through 5 minutes of fancy transforming and razzle-dazzle in front of him).

Dunderbach
New Adventurer

Postby Dunderbach » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:59 am

Return to “Bug Reports”