Eternal Night (No Dawn) - We Know About It

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Eternal Night (No Dawn) - We Know About It

Postby Ben » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:05 am

No need to post about "No dawn!" =)

Balthazar's evil magic, as well as incompetent techs at the place where the game is hosted, are going to make it so there is no sunrise all night long.

USE YOUR 2 LIVES CAREFULLY!

My own power is weakened, and I will not be able to use my magic to bring up the sunstar very much longer. Cory is recharging his power right now, and will hopefully be able to take over in a while... but there will be a period of darkness while we are both still weak.

Sorry. =)
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Demon hunter
Veteran

Postby Demon hunter » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:17 pm

well sorry but i got to say this again that around 7:25 a.m. used my 2 lifes and now it is 9:15 a.m. and i still have 2 deaths just thought i'd clarify that

Ben
Lead Worldbuilder

Postby Ben » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:18 pm

Uhh... yeah... did you read my post?
Ben
Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
Click HERE to contact Ben or another Admin. Actually, don't contact Ben, he's somewhat pretty much retired.

Shank
Adventurer

Postby Shank » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:56 pm

heh, maybe he can't read english....

P.S. Are you guys normally running a cron job to set dawn every day?

Cory
Site Admin

Postby Cory » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:40 pm

Yes the dawn is activated by cron. Normally this works flawlessly, but some times as any tech guy will admit... random thigns happen that no one will admit to :) If no one will admit that something changed on the server its harder for me to resolve the issues. This last one turned out that someone replace the standalone version of php with an older one that did not support persistant connections.

I spent a lot of time arguing with them over support tickets about the problem and it was finally resolved when I called up their main office and made a big enough issue to have their head of tech look at it. He saw my explanation of it and it only took a few minutes to fix.

Return to “Bug Reports”