Rejuvenating in battle/far away - weird skin change...

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Rejuvenating in battle/far away - weird skin change...

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:25 am

When someone's too far away or in battle it says "This person is too far away to appraise." - but for me the whole screen changes too sometimes...?

The silver'gray skins on the top and left disappear... everything goes black, the words "This person is too far away to appraise." is in red, and in the top left corner just says DG in red lettering... And the menu bar changes to just white text saying the links like the following:

:HOME:
:NEWS:
:STORY:
:LOGOUT:
:FORUM:
:HELP:
:LINKS:
:BOOKS:

I am not "old" enough in the game to know if this is an old layout for the game for not... It might be because I use Firefox as a web browser not IE.

Just thought someone should know in case it was a bug.

Thanks!

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:29 am

Oh yeah - sometimes by refreshing or hitting go back everything snaps back to the right appearance...

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:48 am

That's the old style :)

You get the message the person is too far away because you can't appraise someone who is in battle: Imagine what would happen if you tried to heal, but the person is hit by his enemy, and you heal the enemy instead of the adventurer..... 8O :wink:

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Chryseis Fyre
Adventurer

Postby Chryseis Fyre » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:30 am

LOL

I understand WHY it comes up - but the fact that it changes the whole layout is odd and shouldn't happen... I'm assuming.

Darren of Admin
Wee Little Godling

Postby Darren of Admin » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:19 am

This is the "classic" interface (ie what we had before it turned into what we have now...)

It is an odd little quirk of the game - it does happen, but only for certain screens, and generally when you have tried to do something that you weren't supposed to do ;)

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:24 am

Old school is cool 8) :lol:

It appears when you:
try to appraise in battle
don't have enough money for potions

That's all I can think of for now ;)

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:13 pm

or if you hit your appraise link when you're signed on a different character. :)
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

Return to “Bug Reports”