Demon Left Hand Dagger

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Krusha
New Adventurer

Demon Left Hand Dagger

Postby Krusha » Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:44 pm

It would appear that my pride and joy http://www.darkgrimoire.com/ishow1549218.html was forgotten about with the recent change to Rogues daggers.
I would be most grateful if the Gods could look into this, as no man enjoys shooting blanks.

Krusha lashes out with no effect

calisto
Veteran

Postby calisto » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:19 am

Maybe it could be like the Demon quest staves, they have a certain number of charges each hour, and then they recharge at the new hour.

Krusha
New Adventurer

Postby Krusha » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:32 am

I wish that was the case Ferno my friend, however it would appear that my dagger is badly need of one of the Gods deciding to breathe new life into it. :wink:

calisto
Veteran

Postby calisto » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:14 am

Yeah, thats a nice item too, I can see why you are sadden by its sudden uselessness :) just like im going to feel once my precious Demon sword becomes obsolete...*tear*

Anyways, I think it should be rechargeable, and you get a certain number of charges per hour. Or if Ben or Cory come out saying, that how can poison recharge itself, they can sell like a poison potion? or a poison vile what ever. You can buy it, and use it on the dagger to give it a certain number of charges :) and there can be different sizes of viles, and the more expensive(of course) the vile, the more charges it will give to the dagger.

This will eliminate having to buy a new dagger everytime one runs out of poison, and maybe you cant afford a brand new dagger, but you can afford a small vile of poison to give it a few charges.

I think it makes it a little more realistic, that you only have to buy a vile of poison and refill the dagger. Sounds good to me...but then again, im no admin :)

Thomas Covenant
I talk WAY too much

Postby Thomas Covenant » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:32 am

You have to buy a new dagger as the old one does not work when out of poison - it has no effect which is wrong as the blade should still be able to cut - so your suggestion about the vile of poison is a good and accurate sumation.

The problem with Krusha's is different in the respect that his was gained from a demon and as such it can not be replaced by purchasing a new one - so the vile of possion would be ideal in this instance.

I think it is just an oversite by the gods / a rush to fix a bug that very few new about - shame on the player who found this bug and exploited it instead of reportinfg it - he has cost the rest of us rogues dearly and should be stripped of his profession. We now have to regularly pay out coins for new daggers when we did not before - it makes even more sense to charge highly for our lock picking skills !

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:08 am

Thomas from my understanding the rogue in question was battling the demons in Ryndall, he was hopelessly outnumbered and did what had to be done to kill them. You are good at critiquing others but maybe you would be so kind as to tell a better way to kill 5 demons? Attacking and retreating would seem the only functional way that preserves your lives and still allows you to accomplish your goal. Moreover, do not forget the game is in Beta, things are bound to change. :)
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

Thomas Covenant
I talk WAY too much

Postby Thomas Covenant » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:26 pm

You are correct Hentez and I stand corrected. 8O
I was not in full possesion of the facts and assumed it was in "normal" run of the mill battle and not during such a bloody (and victorious - so I hear) battle.
Given the situation you describe I would probaly have done the same thing, only when I retreat it works ok only on occassions, most of the time it seems to take me three attempts so unless I had a run of luck or a wealth of potions I would most probably have died :cry:

And yes I have got high dex, I just keep getting "beaten up" by the random number generator that Cory and Ben use for battles :roll:

Eldrin Ivanshine
Social Leech

Postby Eldrin Ivanshine » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:38 pm

Victorius indeed!
http://www.spoofpark.com/indiana/indy_bridge.jpg
Eldrin Ivanshine~Pirate Captain of Valorn~
Proud Enchanter of the RoK
Asliendor~Defender of Dundee, Apprenticeship sword to Elijah~

Return to “Bug Reports”