where did my xp go?

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Quaquaversal
New Adventurer

where did my xp go?

Postby Quaquaversal » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:24 am

:x i was on for most of yesterday, i leveled to 14 around lunch time and then got enough xp to get to 15 by about 9pm at night (all my local time zone (+9:30 grennich mean time). much to my frustration i find out that although i have enough xp and the scroll and a cleric ready to sponser me i can't level more than once every 24 hours. hmmm, ok i can accept that you want slow progress though the game, sorry i played for about 14 hours straight, i'll have shorter stays next time. so i log off thinking, ok, just wait 24 hours and then i can level. so i log on now, 22 hours later to find that i am back to 32% progress ???? WHAT ???? where did the other 68% go, it took me about five hours to earn that xp. So now i still cant level up to 15, what have i done wrong? is there some save button i have not found? :cry:

please let me know what has gone wrong.

ps. i tried to talk to the receptionist in the glass house but she does not seem to be working

pps i just had a closer look 30 platnum is missing and about 100 health potions are gone too. did the game crash or something last night and you had to load from a backup or something?
Man does not cease to play because he grows old, he grows old because he ceases to play.
--- Drew Lachey

Thomas Covenant
I talk WAY too much

Postby Thomas Covenant » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:51 am

You should keep an eye on the updates and anouncements
http://darkgrimoire.com/forum/ftopic2337.html

But bassically the server went to that great cead computer storage cupboard underthe stairs. So a backup of the data was used as this was a few hours older than when the server went "quack quack ooopps boom"
so you've got your stats from earlier.

Another way to look at it is that Balthazar has been distorting the time line and as such you find yourself with knowledge but without the experience that it ussually has.

Irulaine
New Adventurer

Re: where did my xp go?

Postby Irulaine » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:55 am

I had a similar problem, I've lost all messages and XP from yesterday... a new character I created when I signed up as a Noble... all the items I'd collected... is there nothing can be done?

Hentez
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Hentez » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:41 pm

We are all lucky the last back-up wasn't a week ago :)
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

Deek
Social Leech

Postby Deek » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:56 pm

Nope - nothing can be done...

The main HDD on the server died, and Cory had to restore from a back-up (see the Announcement about the exact time).

So, everything after that time now didn't happen.

Quaquaversal
New Adventurer

Postby Quaquaversal » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:30 pm

i've had some time to ponder the situation, once past the anger of the loss i came to realise that a) this is a really good game b) admin were able to set up a rather recent backup despite the fact that they had whole computer meltdown (i would not be back online so soon if the same happened here) c) most people who play the game also lost stuff d) admin have the thankless job of saving most of our data and then haveing us be angry about the last little bit that was lost.
So i would like to thank admin for keeping this game running despite the problems :)
Man does not cease to play because he grows old, he grows old because he ceases to play.

--- Drew Lachey

Cory
Site Admin

Postby Cory » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:07 am

Since this happened I've been going over plans for raid controller database servers and redundant stuff, but we just don't have the cash for it yet. This is the first time in dg history this has happened though and the restoration went pretty well considering. It also gave me a chance to upgrade software, giving me more possibilities. Now if it doesnt' crash again until mysql 5.0 comes out with stored procedures and triggers, we're set.
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/cshow31.html:ob7uupbm]Cory[/url:ob7uupbm]
President/Developer Grimoire Entertainment Inc.
[url=http://darkgrimoire.com/contact.php:ob7uupbm]Click here to Contact an admin[/url:ob7uupbm]

ficklestein
New Adventurer

Postby ficklestein » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:53 pm

So does that mean your using the same HD now? I gather it was a hardware failing.

Return to “Bug Reports”