Plat went poof.

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
quintine
New Adventurer

Plat went poof.

Postby quintine » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:34 pm

I had started the turn with 1556 in plat. I had only bought a sturdy torch and now I am down to 735 plat. I say it was a expensive torch. I am a little upset but It was only plat right. **frowning** It had taken me most of my turn to farm it.

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Re: Plat went poof.

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:17 pm

Did you check the price of the torch with a vendor or have someone else check the NPC? Which NPC was it?

Live life with no regrets.

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:22 pm

This would be a very odd bug, and I will need a bit more info to really look at it.

As Dimitri asked, it would be good to know roughly when and which vendor. Also please let me know if you still have the torch as I will look at the item too.

Thanks,
M.

quintine
New Adventurer

Postby quintine » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:28 pm

I got the sturdy torch from the guy under the Lord Register in Dundee. Then went and sold to Haggie in Bran before going out in the waste lands. It was not tell I went to sell again that I notices the plat difference. This was the first time I ever seen it happen or had it happen. In truth I am not bothered by it. Just that I would put it up to see if anyone has had this happen before. If I was upset about it I would of sent admin a pm. (smiles)
Yes I knew the price of the sturdy torch I buy them when ever I need to go under the wall. Yes I am sure it did not cost 700 plat. No I did not buy anything else. If it happens again I will give what info I can as well. Thank you

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:13 pm

Seen this happen a few times, but never heard of anyone on the player-side of things pegging why it happened. The only time this has ever happened to me it was because of a glitch, but I think Coder fixed it at the time. In truth, it could be a myriad of things.

It had a weapon mod for plat
You accidentally bought something else and didn't realize it (potions maybe?)
1/1 million bug (I can't recreate it from the NPC)
You mistook gold for plat and when you bought

The item is long gone and disappeared from Haggie so there's no way to recreate it using the same item. But, the actual difference in plat is 821, which definitely is outside of the normal ranges for mods. Did you pre-buy anything recently for your next levels?

Live life with no regrets.

quintine
New Adventurer

Postby quintine » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:45 pm

No I had not bought anything. I was plat farming soul stones and sold them to Haggie. I bought the sturdy torch in Dundee. I noticed the missing plat after selling the stones. And no I did not mistake gold or silver for plat. I was saving up for pots and my next set of armor.

Return to “Bug Reports”