Bronze temple monsters unequivocal stats

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Zanaan
Veteran

Bronze temple monsters unequivocal stats

Postby Zanaan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:51 am

Most of the monsters in the Bronze temple appear to have levels in the mid to upper 50s, however there stats are equivalent of 64-65, meaning they yield no experience at high levels, yet cannot be fought by those that would benefit from training off of them.
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

Drakon of Admin
'Rifterian

Re: Bronze temple monsters unequivocal stats

Postby Drakon of Admin » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:53 pm

That's an interesting observation, I'll take a look at this for you.

D

Atreiya
Adventurer

Postby Atreiya » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:08 am

Oooohhhh!!!!!
8O

Lillya
Adventurer

Postby Lillya » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:11 am

Oh my Drakon's first post!

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:58 pm

Please do. I can not go there to try and figure things out or let Elly have a think / look around because am instantly slammed with double spawns and stuff too strong even at my level. It's frustrating to say the least. :?
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Doyle
Social Leech

Postby Doyle » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:56 am

It is wirth noting that is may not be an accident and that those not pledged to the owner of the temple would have to work twice as hard.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:45 am

Drakon of Admin wrote:That's an interesting observation, I'll take a look at this for you.

D

Thank you, definitely seems some are classed at around mid level 50's with level 60-ish stats. Only the tendrils and the big end boss would yield me any exp (and the big boss well hes an exception.)

I know originally tendrils were meant to be hard to kill. At 64 I can't kill anything down there in one go without retreating then double spawns slaughter me. At 65 sometimes I would have to use a 'charge' to ensure a win.

Brielle Erawind
Adventurer

Postby Brielle Erawind » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:13 am

I think it's a great idea to have a place where even the highest levels can't go without a group. It might remind them of way back when they were at a lower level like us comparative noobies. :P

((Please don't get upset. I know you've all paid your dues. Just saying. Brielle hasn't been to the fortress since the incursion, because I was busy during the one opportunity to go in a group since then.))

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:04 pm

Brisingr Blaze wrote:
Drakon of Admin wrote:That's an interesting observation, I'll take a look at this for you.

D

Thank you, definitely seems some are classed at around mid level 50's with level 60-ish stats. Only the tendrils and the big end boss would yield me any exp (and the big boss well hes an exception.)

I know originally tendrils were meant to be hard to kill. At 64 I can't kill anything down there in one go without retreating then double spawns slaughter me. At 65 sometimes I would have to use a 'charge' to ensure a win.

+1 The tendrils use to be hard but I find them the easy ones down there. And I agree with Bris Double spawns are near impossible.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:22 pm

This post wasn't meant to complain about there difficulty, but rather the fact that for how strong they are that they are listed at an unequivocally lower level, thus mobs as strong as tendrils don't give xp.

The temple is meant to be difficult, but I assure you nothing is impossible to defeat.
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

Dimitri Petrov
Veteran

Postby Dimitri Petrov » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:31 pm

Doyle wrote:It is wirth noting that is may not be an accident and that those not pledged to the owner of the temple would have to work twice as hard.

It's the same difficulty for everyone, being a Bronze groupie doesn't give you immunity.

Ellyana Lilli wrote:Please do. I can not go there to try and figure things out or let Elly have a think / look around because am instantly slammed with double spawns and stuff too strong even at my level. It's frustrating to say the least. :?

Double spawns of all levels are meant to be difficult, even more so as an enchanter if profession perks aren't being utilized. There's ways to handle them for all classes, I've done so on every class at lower levels before. Heck, I've even whittled down that one square in the black wastes that looks like a comic convention on a warrior before. If you're having difficulty killing doubles rethink the strategy or grab a buddy to help clear them.

On a cleric this should be a little easier than on an enchanter, it just requires the retreat shuffle with thoughtful execution. On an enchanter...killing groups takes a bit of retreating, but it should be relatively risk free.

Live life with no regrets.

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:51 pm

Yeah -deff need a buddy system down there, which is not a bad thing at all for RP and promoting teamwork and stuff.

I've always had issues retreating even before I mucked up my stats with a failed stat scroll. Am usually pretty careful with how many attacks I get in on monsters before attempting retreats. Biggest problem for me with the double spawns is retreating into another square of double spawns. Pretty much insta-screwed whenever that happens. :)
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero

Ellyana - 118743

Zeric of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Zeric of Admin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:18 pm

Zanaan wrote:I assure you nothing is impossible to defeat.

Challenge accepted.

- Z

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Zeric of Admin wrote:
Zanaan wrote:I assure you nothing is impossible to defeat.

Challenge accepted.

- Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VQv1KUVXkE

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:38 am

*sarcastic*Thanks Zanaan!
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

ansalan
Experienced Adventurer

Postby ansalan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:23 pm

I do not seem to have any major issues with my level 65's down there. I think its alright for all of them, and they are pledged to Miranda and Kane. So I do not think it has anything to do with pledging to the owner, can someone expand on if those pledged have an easier time down there?

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:33 pm

ansalan wrote:I do not seem to have any major issues with my level 65's down there. I think its alright for all of them, and they are pledged to Miranda and Kane. So I do not think it has anything to do with pledging to the owner, can someone expand on if those pledged have an easier time down there?

The only way I can think that would be the case here is when the orange shards are blessed. Otherwise pretty sure it's the same no matter what. :)

Ellyana - 118743

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:34 pm

ansalan wrote:I do not seem to have any major issues with my level 65's down there. I think its alright for all of them, and they are pledged to Miranda and Kane. So I do not think it has anything to do with pledging to the owner, can someone expand on if those pledged have an easier time down there?

We don't. We get wrecked just as equal if we aren't careful.

Elly: even if we have them blessed it isn't much diff than having Advent Will on us. We can still get equally wrecked. Promise.

ansalan
Experienced Adventurer

Postby ansalan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:58 pm

Thank you Bris, I was checking out your temple yesterday, and seeing if it is worth farming it , its very nice and scary and has so many mysteries, so if you all see me exploring , don't be too crossed, I am not here to infringe on whatever ceremonies and venerated observances you guys may be partaking, just poking around and looking for loot mostly, off them tendrils that seem to be infesting it.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:55 pm

ansalan wrote:Thank you Bris, I was checking out your temple yesterday, and seeing if it is worth farming it , its very nice and scary and has so many mysteries, so if you all see me exploring , don't be too crossed, I am not here to infringe on whatever ceremonies and venerated observances you guys may be partaking, just poking around and looking for loot mostly, off them tendrils that seem to be infesting it.

Feel free to poke around and maybe clean up some if you see fit. We've basically been doing the same... and just exploring. If you can keep the doubles under control.. Id say the plat is worth it.

Return to “Bug Reports”